Past #39: Flynn Perez - drafted w/ #39 in 2019 ND - 2x ACL - delisted end '23 - 24 NM games / 1 NM goals - thanks Flynn

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand people are comparing an injury-riddled kid who has played less than a handful of games to a 31 year old veteran, but Flynn has got a long way to meet Aaron's numbers:
View attachment 1216098

Whoever is spouting replacing Hall, can you just admit you are wrong and for all of us, please just move on.

Hall's been pretty good this year, but we'd be foolish to think that he's a long term answer. He's 31 at the start of next season. A partner for a year or 2 (hopefully Perez) and a replacement need to be front of mind. Along with a Tarrant (which we don't have) and Goldstein (which me may already have) replacements.

I understand people are comparing an injury-riddled kid who has played less than a handful of games to a 31 year old veteran, but Flynn has got a long way to meet Aaron's numbers:
View attachment 1216098

Whoever is spouting replacing Hall, can you just admit you are wrong and for all of us, please just move on.

Those numbers are inflated by 100x calling for the ball when under pressure and then going short to a contest that results in a goal against. Not to mention the 500 unnecessary 1:2’s that pad those stats. He’s 30, he won’t be around when we fly up the ladder in 2024.

Take whatever we can and use it to upgrade our 2nd to acquire the 15 year HB that we deserve.

The age demographic of our defence is diabolical and what’s worse is despite being experienced, they still can’t defend for s**t.

My tip, you look at a lot of football, but don’t actually watch it.

Those numbers are inflated by 100x calling for the ball when under pressure and then going short to a contest that results in a goal against. Not to mention the 500 unnecessary 1:2’s that pad those stats. He’s 30, he won’t be around when we fly up the ladder in 2024.

Take whatever we can and use it to upgrade our 2nd to acquire the 15 year HB that we deserve.

The age demographic of our defence is diabolical and what’s worse is despite being experienced, they still can’t defend for sh*t.

My tip, you look at a lot of football, but don’t actually watch it.

Where you see an "unnecessary 1-2" I see a bloke under pressure who dishes off, burns his opponent through gut running with intent, and then relieves the pressure by offering an option to receive and deliver with a bit more time and space.

I also think he's been pretty good 1-1 this year, certainly better than I expected.

The irony is that noone has been able to look or watch perez yet UG can make sweeping statements over his ability to replace the highest metres gained player in the comp

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm a huge fan of Flynn myself but he is unproven though looks very promising.

Our age demo down back is old in the best 6 but we do have youth coming though but desperately need a KPD from the draft soon enough.

Hall has been brilliant and having a mix of age and youth is critical. People that pick on Hall are just people with a habit.

Its easy to forget our back line has been the most injury disrupted line all year - if we can get fit, add another off season of practicing the plan and importantly develop that chemistry - they will be 100% better instantly.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-23 at 7.42.41 PM.jpeg

I'm a huge fan of Flynn myself but he is unproven though looks very promising.

Our age demo down back is old in the best 6 but we do have youth coming though but desperately need a KPD from the draft soon enough.

Hall has been brilliant and having a mix of age and youth is critical. People that pick on Hall are just people with a habit.

Its easy to forget our back line has been the most injury disrupted line all year - if we can get fit, add another off season of practicing the plan and importantly develop that chemistry - they will be 100% better instantly.

View attachment 1216336
Flynn looks like an amazing prospect but id like him to get some metres gained in ANY game of football first

The irony is that noone has been able to look or watch perez yet UG can make sweeping statements over his ability to replace the highest metres gained player in the comp

We’ll see in 5 years.

Because that is when it will count, your boy will be clapping at some Hillsong convention and Flynn, god willing, will be an AA HB in a premiership side.

We’ll see in 5 years.

Because that is when it will count, your boy will be clapping at some Hillsong convention and Flynn, god willing, will be an AA HB in a premiership side.
Great. 5 years. In the meantime, Hall can play the role for a couple years whilst perez develops.

Serious question, would you delist Goldy to play Xerri next year?

Great. 5 years. In the meantime, Hall can play the role for a couple years whilst perez develops.

Serious question, would you delist Goldy to play Xerri next year?

I would be starting Xerri in most games and letting Goldy run over the top of them as the 2nd Ruck.

I’d trade him to Gold Coast for pick 19, wouldn’t delist him. But we ought to start preparing for the end as it’s nigh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be starting Xerri in most games and letting Goldy run over the top of them as the 2nd Ruck.

I’d trade him to Gold Coast for pick 19, wouldn’t delist him. But we ought to start preparing for the end as it’s nigh.

You do realise this club would have zero heart or soul if you were in charge.

Ridiculous to even suggest trading Goldy.

Share it with Xerri fine but he needs to pull a finger out. I'm a fan but he has struggled at the level.. I love his aggression and I have seen him kicking goals at VFL so he can do it.

Goldy needs to be loved and respected as a one club, club champion. He has plenty left.The disrespect on this board is a disgrace to your memberships.

Unfortunately there is a strong chance they don't get 100 games between them. Hope they can both beat the odds as they ooze talent
I'd take the punt on him with a contract, even 50-80 games from this bloke will be better than the 150 plus games some of the cats we've had run out in our colours over the past 10 years or so.

View attachment 1216098

Where is the stat for ''kicking across your body to an unsuspecting team mate'', he'd be leading the league with that one. ;)

I'd take the punt on him with a contract, even 50-80 games from this bloke will be better than the 150 plus games some of the cats we've had run out in our colours over the past 10 years or so.
I'm with you, give him every chance and I think the club will. Doesn't mean he won't have constant issues with his knee throughout his career. Hope I am wrong, they both play 200 games and win 4 flags

Share it with Xerri fine but he needs to pull a finger out. I'm a fan but he has struggled at the level.. I love his aggression and I have seen him kicking goals at VFL so he can do it.

Goldy needs to be loved and respected as a one club, club champion. He has plenty left.The disrespect on this board is a disgrace to your memberships.

he asked me a loaded question.

I never said I would trade him, he asked a smarty pants question about delisting Goldy… where is your deranged word salad to him?

I said I would play him as the 2nd ruck and protect him, ie to lengthen his career.

I couldn’t agree more . Goldie is the heart & soul of our team. The ultimate Shinboner that all players young & old would look up to . Trading Goldie would be like shooting bambi ! You just would not do it .

I couldn’t agree more . Goldie is the heart & soul of our team. The ultimate Shinboner that all players young & old would look up to . Trading Goldie would be like shooting bambi ! You just would not do it .
& Don’t worry …. Half of the campaigners here making these s**t comments don’t even hold memberships !

he asked me a loaded question.

I never said I would trade him, he asked a smarty pants question about delisting Goldy… where is your deranged word salad to him?

I said I would play him as the 2nd ruck and protect him, ie to lengthen his career.

All good mate!!

I can get a bit triggered after a couple of bourbon and cokes when people casually mention trading club champions.

Where is the stat for ''kicking across your body to an unsuspecting team mate'', he'd be leading the league with that one. ;)

Haha, true. And I'm almost certain he leads the comp in kicking out on the full.

Not that I want to be part of an anti-Hall pile in, as he's been extremely good this season since I wanted him sacked on Good Friday.

Haha, true. And I'm almost certain he leads the comp in kicking out on the full.

Not that I want to be part of an anti-Hall pile in, as he's been extremely good this season since I wanted him sacked on Good Friday.

I want him to keep improving, I genuinely hope his best footy is yet to come.

But I certainly wouldn’t be betting on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back