Past #39: Flynn Perez - drafted w/ #39 in 2019 ND - 2x ACL - delisted end '23 - 24 NM games / 1 NM goals - thanks Flynn

Remove this Banner Ad

How quick is he?

looks a nice mover and good kick , but I'm not sure he is that Hall/Hind/Johannisen line breaker.

Happy to be told otherwise.
Can get separation on most, but isn’t lightening quick.

Any on ITK have any word on his knees?

Really interested to know the clubs thoughts on the first reco (pre getting picked up in the draft). Fingers crossed they got it right this time.
I would assume they’d be more cautious now, probably starting preseason non contact. His another one that will benefit from the new s&c staff.

I have high hopes for this kid, tough as nails put on a lot of size, hope he has a good run at it this year.

Any on ITK have any word on his knees?

Really interested to know the clubs thoughts on the first reco (pre getting picked up in the draft). Fingers crossed they got it right this time.

No ITK knowledge but presumably he has access to a better surgeon and potential another type of graft as well for the second one.

I would assume they’d be more cautious now, probably starting preseason non contact. His another one that will benefit from the new s&c staff.

I have high hopes for this kid, tough as nails put on a lot of size, hope he has a good run at it this year.

Suppose I was hopeful that the initial surgery before he joined the club was either performed or rehabbed incorrectly, which led to the consecutive knee.

It's going to be a very tense preseason with FP, fingers crossed he gets through it.

Suppose I was hopeful that the initial surgery before he joined the club was either performed or rehabbed incorrectly, which led to the consecutive knee.

It's going to be a very tense preseason with FP, fingers crossed he gets through it.

They usually hook young athletic hopefuls up with good surgeons and physios but it's probably not as good as clubland.

The guy who did mine does a lot of AFL recos and the physio worked with Richmond. I didn't get graft options though.

But not being a pro I wasn't able to do everything they could in terms of rehab.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The chance of redoing an acl is around about 5%. I think he was just unlucky.

it will be tense but the club can see his talent, they’ll put a lot of time into him to get him back.

They usually hook young athletic hopefuls up with good surgeons and physios but it's probably not as good as clubland.

The guy who did mine does a lot of AFL recos and the physio worked with Richmond. I didn't get graft options though.

But not being a pro I wasn't able to do everything they could in terms of rehab.
Pretty sure we were with Julian Feller for our knees, so he would have done the latest surgery on Flynn.

He's pretty much one of the best there is.

I know his name brings angst amongst some on here (including me) but does anyone think he looks like a young Brad Scott - and may even play like him?

Putting aside the dynasty coach of the same name, I sure hope Flynn's onfield role ends up higher up the evolutionary chain than "nuisance" knowing he's surrounded by bigger, more talented mates.

I want Flynn to make it badly.
But seeing blokes like Jacobs, Black, Walker, Harper, EVW, Ahern just never come on after long term injuries I hope he bucks the trend.

Throw Garner on that list.

Outside of Tazz & Jy we haven’t had many younger guys who have had long term serious injuries come out the other side with successful AFL careers.

Throw Garner on that list.

Outside of Tazz & Jy we haven’t had many younger guys who have had long term serious injuries come out the other side with successful AFL careers.

Anderson had a lot of injuries with us early on and most of his time at Hawthorn.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back