Past #39: Flynn Perez - drafted w/ #39 in 2019 ND - 2x ACL - delisted end '23 - 24 NM games / 1 NM goals - thanks Flynn

Remove this Banner Ad

You KNOW that the football illiterates dick heads that infest this place will turn on him the moment they imagine something that doesn't fit their narrow little world view.

I always prefer them to be fully developed & kicking down the door, with a view to coming in and cementing a spot.

It's highly likely to be 2022 at least before Flynn achieves that, and you know how they turn on them around here.

I agree with this approach but I have always been keen on the late season taster to feed the kids desire for the big stage.

This is Flynn's taster - soak it up son!

I agree with this approach but I have always been keen on the late season taster to feed the kids desire for the big stage.

This is Flynn's taster - soak it up son!

I remember back in 97 a bloke got a 1 game taster and went on in 98 and won the rising star award.

Given the hype over this guy I am really looking forward to seeing him out there.

The junior vision look great - especially those foot skills.

Most importantly though he plays in a position where we have a vacancy - skilled half back flanker.

Given the hype over this guy I am really looking forward to seeing him out there......

See, and this is what sets him up to fail in the eyes of some supporters.

This is why I don't like seeing them rushed.

Last edited:
Apart from Harding and Lovey, not much job security goes with #39

Nope. They're the only 2 players in the club's entire history to have it for 4 or more seasons. And Brady is really the only one to have it for any amount of time to forge out a significant career.

14 is the lowest number not to have been worn in one of the 4 premierships, then 38 and then 39. These 3 numbers haven't even been dusted off for a Grand Final, or saluted for a B&F and 14 got worn by a captain for one year, in 1936,

I would suggest a fair few players would have had it for 1 year or 2 and taken a lower number when it opened up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given the hype over this guy I am really looking forward to seeing him out there.

The junior vision look great - especially those foot skills.

Most importantly though he plays in a position where we have a vacancy - skilled half back flanker.

I actually haven't heard much hype other than he can kick - well in our team being able to kick probably deserves hype I guess but still!

Everyone should have zero expectations today - the guy hasn't even played a proper full game at VFL, only a couple of scratch matches playing in different colours!!!

If he gets through uninjured and with a few touches - thats a win for us and him! Snakes concern is well founded because people just think of these super high draft pick debuts where they kill it and then get disappointed. Thats on you, not him!!

I think I heard a fun fact that he captained the national U16 soccer team - could explain his foot skills:)

Last edited:
No one of any consequence will pile on him if he struggles.

There's a hell of a lot of them though mate.

If this forum had a football I.Q. application criteria, half the population would vanish instantly.

There's a hell of a lot of them though mate.

If this forum had a football I.Q. application criteria, half the population would vanish instantly.
Anyone who does, their opinion is worth jackshit and will be scrolled past.

Same as the Jack Mahony critics after a couple of games.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Nope. They're the only 2 players in the club's entire history to have it for 4 or more seasons. And Brady is really the only one to have it for any amount of time to forge out a significant career.

14 is the lowest number not to have been worn in one of the 4 premierships, then 38 and then 39. These 3 numbers haven't even been dusted off for a Grand Final, or saluted for a B&F and 14 got worn by a captain for one year, in 1936,
Matty Armstrong should have broken that duck. ☹️

For his development, don't think he should be playing this week, but hope he kills it.

His future won't be determined by how he performs today, so not expecting the world.

Go get em' Flynn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For his development, don't think he should be playing this week, but hope he kills it.

His future won't be determined by how he performs today, so not expecting the world.

Go get em' Flynn.
I don't mind it as long as their is no judgement from it. He'll learn a heap and the experience will be a huge spur in the off season.

Has there ever been a player whose last official game prior to their AFL debut was an under 18’s game?

He’s played no VFL or AFL practice matches. Just scratch matches. Didn’t he completely miss the under18’s and only play an exhibition game last?... I could be wrong.

Mitchell Georgiades missed all of last year with his injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back