39 found dead in truck in UK

Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
Police in Britain have launched a murder investigation after 39 people were found dead in a truck container in Essex, east of London.

Police were called to the scene around 1:40am on Wednesday morning following the grisly discovery at Waterglade Industrial Park.Emergency services arrived but all 39 were pronounced dead at the scene. Early reports suggest the lorry contained 38 adults and one teenager.

A 25-year-old-man from Northern Ireland, the driver of the vehicle, has been arrested on suspicion of murder

what the?!?! People smuggling? The lorry was from Bulgaria

Wonder what the weather had been like on the trucks journey? Be more likely Carbon Dioxide poisoning was the cod.

Edit: Was a refridge container which differ to normal containers, no ventilation at all in those.

The truck driver has not been charged , he discovered the bodies while going to check some paperwork from the truck. He ended up calling the authorities

. The media were quick to call him the murderer.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The truck driver has not been charged , he discovered the bodies while going to check some paperwork from the truck. He ended up call authorities

. The media were quick to call him the murder.

media were also pretty quick to put his photo and name out there and label him a murder accused pretty quickly too.

The saddest thing being these people had families in China, yet those families will never hear about this due to the media and Internet restrictions there.

These relations will probably go to their grave never knowing what happened to their loved ones who were most likely only going to make some money they could send home to create a better life for their children.

They will be forever thinking “did they just run out on us?”.

The Chinese embassy has said they're working to assist in identifying the bodies. If any country has biometrics of all of their citizens, it'd be China.

Of course, there are now reports that they may actually be Vietnamese in which case, yeah, some of their families may never know.

So what is the deal with Mo Robinson (i.e. the driver)? He COULD be involved but just looking at him and the circumstances, my gut feel is he's a young bloke in the wrong place at wrong time. I mean he called police less than 30 minutes after getting behind the wheel. If he is indeed innocent, will this be easy enough for him to prove?

So what is the deal with Mo Robinson (i.e. the driver)? He COULD be involved but just looking at him and the circumstances, my gut feel is he's a young bloke in the wrong place at wrong time. I mean he called police less than 30 minutes after getting behind the wheel. If he is indeed innocent, will this be easy enough for him to prove?

The latest article I read seems to suggest that's his involvement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back