Past Heath Grundy - Farewell Reg, retired 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

He just had it.

And he got to play forward and kick a goal. What more does he want

A game at home in front of the fans given the season is done and horse happily trotted our underperformers all year

Look if mason cox is there he can play on him.

Don't know why you'd want to as the inside fifties will be close to 100 but farewell fans

Play him full forward and rest buddy :p

I don’t care but we are cooked so give them farewell games

Jack Grundy McVeigh and horse can go together

I still don't understand what happened. Before the bye I thought he was a chance at the AA squad. Then he gets beaten by the two in form key forwards in the comp and he's all of a sudden basically retired.

I understand politics exists everywhere but it's very strange players like Jack are persisted with but Grundy is gone after a couple of bad weeks.

I don't fall for that lack of a match up bullshit either. Grundy has literally played the most games in the comp over the last decade and has never had a match up problem. It's not like he has lost pace all of a sudden either, he was always fairly slow.

The whole situation is just odd.

I still don't understand what happened. Before the bye I thought he was a chance at the AA squad. Then he gets beaten by the two in form key forwards in the comp and he's all of a sudden basically retired.

I understand politics exists everywhere but it's very strange players like Jack are persisted with but Grundy is gone after a couple of bad weeks.

I don't fall for that lack of a match up bullshit either. Grundy has literally played the most games in the comp over the last decade and has never had a match up problem. It's not like he has lost pace all of a sudden either, he was always fairly slow.

The whole situation is just odd.
Yep.

But often the logical explanation is the easiest.

Horse decide he was gone and wanted to move on. Wanted to trot out a bullshit excuse instead of the truth. Got caught short with GC, panicked.

And here we are.

Moving him forward just confirmed to me he is no longer wanted and last week was a overreaction to a situation that could have been avoided if he had told the truth in the first place.

Agree with the rest , not exactly the AA part, but he was having a very good year given the amount of pressure the backs have been under as well.

No idea why they pulled the trigger like they did. Makes zero sense.

Yep.

But often the logical explanation is the easiest.

Horse decide he was gone and wanted to move on. Wanted to trot out a bullshit excuse instead of the truth. Got caught short with GC, panicked.

And here we are.

Moving him forward just confirmed to me he is no longer wanted and last week was a overreaction to a situation that could have been avoided if he had told the truth in the first place.

Agree with the rest , not exactly the AA part, but he was having a very good year given the amount of pressure the backs have been under as well.

No idea why they pulled the trigger like they did. Makes zero sense.

Re: playing forward, Longmire said he was not well, which is why he started the 2nd half in the rooms and so that's why they pushed him forward to at least contribute somewhere.

The rest I agree with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: playing forward, Longmire said he was not well, which is why he started the 2nd half in the rooms and so that's why they pushed him forward to at least contribute somewhere.

The rest I agree with.

Fair enough.

I will admit after that Wu article though, which was clearly battle-space preparation for the axing, and the crap they dish out to us I don't have much trust in what it said anymore.

He's getting dropped again yeah? for AJ?

I suspect so. But even if that isn't the case this week, you would have to think that with Aliir back in the team and getting a new contract, AJ getting back in (and you really wouldn't think the club would give him a game if he wasn't up to it and wasn't in their plans going forward), and with Melican getting back to speed and ready to come back in soon, that this is Grundy's last season.

Now, all of those players are different, varying size and mobility across the group, but ultimately they are going to be the players who are going to cover the 2-3 key forwards (along with Rampe, but ideally he is less responsible for a key forward and is freed up to assist in double teaming and create movement out of defence). If the club is backing that group, then there just isn't room for Grundy.

Reg Taking time away from the game to focus on mental wellbeing. Thoughts are with him.
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2018-08-02/grundy-takes-time-out
Well that was certainly unexpected. I wonder if part of the reason that they've actually released this info is to placate fans (including me) that were so confused by his omission a few weeks back?

Hopefully he can get the support he needs. I don't actually care if he comes back into the team now, just that he can get to a better place.

Just noticed him on the team sheet under the 'outs' listed as: Heath Grundy (Mental Health). I don't really recall 'Mental Health' ever being listed on a team sheets for someone being omitted before? Imo good to see it listed as that, helps break some stigmas and normalises it a bit.

All the best to him

Just noticed him on the team sheet under the 'outs' listed as: Heath Grundy (Mental Health). I don't really recall 'Mental Health' ever being listed on a team sheets for someone being omitted before? Imo good to see it listed as that, helps break some stigmas and normalises it a bit.

All the best to him
Franklin 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back