Past Heath Grundy - Farewell Reg, retired 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Personal health and well-being always comes first, hope Reg is well supported and gets better soon.

Given we don't know much else about the situation I think that's all that needs to be said at this point. Let's respect his privacy.

Anyone hear any news on Reg?

First & foremost, I hope the big fella is doing well. Secondly, I hope he get's a crack again at finals. He's so important IMO. Just a bit worried as I haven't heard/read much about him.

GtG, Allegedly Horse signalled his possible selection this week, depending on the make up of the Dawks side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welp, I was very wrong. Very glad to see him go again though. There's been few more reliable players than him over the last 5 years and no more reliable and consistent when it comes to performing in finals.

I suspect Maibaum is just about guaranteed to leave the club now. Another year of competing with Melican, Aliir, Grundy, Rampe and maybe Moore I can't imagine he'll be keen for.

what does this mean for jack maibaum?

seems they have no confidence in him at all and will likely de delisted.

Fantastic news. Will likely still be best 22, but even if he’s pushed out by the younger guys it still gives us great key position coverage. Wouldn’t be an expensive signing either.

But he hadn’t signed on by Round 11...what happened to ‘gone’?
In fairness I don't think he can be thrown in the same basket as a young gun still to sign.

We have suddenly signed these three blokes, Macca, Reg & Naismith, in 3 days, so perhaps we don't have much happening in the off season at all.
Except Mills, Melican, Reid & Naismith as our 4 'recruits' for 2019.

Welp, I was very wrong. Very glad to see him go again though. There's been few more reliable players than him over the last 5 years and no more reliable and consistent when it comes to performing in finals.

I suspect Maibaum is just about guaranteed to leave the club now. Another year of competing with Melican, Aliir, Grundy, Rampe and maybe Moore I can't imagine he'll be keen for.
I see no reason why Maibaum wouldn't stick around for another year. The club are viewing him as a Reg replacement, but maybe he's just not ready for it yet? Another year in the NEAFL and few senior games will be good for his development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back