Past Heath Grundy - Farewell Reg, retired 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness I don't think he can be thrown in the same basket as a young gun still to sign.

We have suddenly signed these three blokes, Macca, Reg & Naismith, in 3 days, so perhaps we don't have much happening in the off season at all.
Except Mills, Melican, Reid & Naismith as our 4 'recruits' for 2019.

Why not? He has been thrown around!

Why not? He has been thrown around!
Poor Reggie!
He's a Swan again in 2019 with Macca.
I'll just enjoy their loyalty & others won't.
The rest is just one big side show with guys trying to earn as much as they can knowing not many of them will be able to earn too much when "the Dream" is over in 1 or 8 years. :)

poor decision to recontract him and i predict it will backfire most likely with a mid-season retirement. the game has passed him and his mate nick smith by.

poor decision to recontract him and i predict it will backfire most likely with a mid-season retirement. the game has passed him and his mate nick smith by.
Possibly but he is still playing decent football. He was our best defender on the weekend.

Plus Melican has decided to hop on board the Reid injury prone express train. Hopefully Melican's problems are isolated to this season but Grundy is worth keeping on our list next year as insurance.

Smith is still defending just fine as well. An article about 6 weeks ago had him miles ahead in the defensive stats for small defenders in the comp.

Yes we look old in defence with Smith, Grundy and McVeigh but until they are clearly being forced out of the 22 or they have a clear drop off in form, then it's worth giving them contracts.

Great decision to give him another year
I'm sure the contract is reduced and he probavly wont play all games.. but we need the experience and backup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started as a swap in for Nick davis iirc remember Kirk got a boot in the head his first game or two?

Then turned into one of the best defenders in the comp

Should of got an all Australian I reckon

But a star premiership swans always reliable , read the play well, seems like a good bloke

Thanks for the memories reg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back