VFL Past #77: Heath Hocking - Coach of JHA

Remove this Banner Ad

12 years for a rookie pick - you'd take that every day of the year

Absolutely. Heath is a great example of far the right attitude and work ethic can take you. Would love him to stay involved with the club

Absolutely. Heath is a great example of far the right attitude and work ethic can take you. Would love him to stay involved with the club

I think his future involvement with us may ultimately hinge (beyond a suitable role for him of course) on whether his wife wants to move back closer to her family (Mooroolbark, Croydon area).

I think his future involvement with us may ultimately hinge (beyond a suitable role for him of course) on whether his wife wants to move back closer to her family (Mooroolbark, Croydon area).

Good Ole mooza b. Spent 20 years of my life there, that's enough for me haha

Apparently Hocking sees his future in cooking/catering.

Want to see him play again before stamping his papers.

I see him as more valuable depth than Howlett because he could genuinely play as a mid whereas I'm nor sure Howlett ever got there.

Very much like the idea of him playing in the reserves both protecting young mids and setting the standard around the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you keep doing as he is doing, you earn your call-up. To not do so is disrespectful to the player and makes a mockery of rewarding form and effort.

He simply must be played as a tagger against Sydney, Collingwood, Adelaide, Bulldogs and Fremantle as a minimum.

Therefore he plays on:

Kennedy
Pendlebury
Sloane
Bontempelli
Fyfe

Taggers are still a vital ingredient to success.

If you keep doing as he is doing, you earn your call-up. To not do so is disrespectful to the player and makes a mockery of rewarding form and effort.

He simply must be played as a tagger against Sydney, Collingwood, Adelaide, Bulldogs and Fremantle as a minimum.

Therefore he plays on:

Kennedy
Pendlebury
Sloane
Bontempelli
Fyfe

Taggers are still a vital ingredient to success.

It's simply not going to happen. And if were being honest, Hocking isn't going to really be able to negate any of those players to any great effect.

Last edited:

Could he be the man to finally lead the barkers to Div 1 ?

Could he be the man to finally lead the barkers to Div 1 ?

Might be hard for them to get him back; don't think anyone he played juniors with is left at the club and he followed his old man to Ringwood East in his top age U18 year (last I heard he was coaching Vermont's U18 but haven't payed too much attention recently)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back