Rookie 39. Hudson O'Keeffe

Remove this Banner Ad

Purely watching footage of him he reminds me of Humphrey. A very, very raw version of him. Some of that below the knees ground work is delightful.

Lots to work with and he has the right teacher.

This is the kind of signing, should he make it, where you question where it came from and why nobody else was all over it.

Optimistic for this one. Good forward thinking by our list management.

Purely watching footage of him he reminds me of Humphrey. A very, very raw version of him. Some of that below the knees ground work is delightful.

This is the kind of signing, should he make it, where you question where it came from and why nobody else was all over it.

Has been very highly rated. His late birthday probably led teams to hold off with him being the epitome of a long term project. No real expectations for three years or so.

Great list management for mine, taking the opportunity to add a decent prospect for minimal cost. Williams down for the year, and Philpy seemingly being the first casualty of our clean out of our injury prone types. Be assured Marchy, Cuners, Gov, even Fogarty and a couple of others will not survive with injury punctuated seasons. We are giving Jack Russell a legitimate chance to weave some magic and reset these blokes, but I am very confident that indulgence will end post season 2023. Williams has a long term contract and Martin one more year for consideration.

We will likely have a handful of list vacancies at the end of the year, O’Keeffe accommodates a natural progression at minimal cost. Pitto will be 30 or older when he matures. I have always been in favour of developing a kid over settling for a journeyman.

He has some good people to learn from. Kreuz, Pitto, TDK, and Markov all bring different attributes. There are also some other good learnings to be had from players that have tucked at that level including Young and SOS. If he is the right player he will have the right players to learn from. Love the lite speed he has. That speed could help him to become a serviceable back man or forward if they decide to look at those areas over time.

Welcome to the Baggers Hudson, what a great name.
FYI, bit of trivia his nickname is Huddy.

Camberwell Sharks - (Football)
Camberwell Dragons - (Basketball)
Camberwell High School - (Secondary College)

Bit of a recurring theme geographically isn't it.

Great kid, nice family, and easy to coach.

Needs to work harder to reach potential - but good all round sportsman.

If he works out you can shout me a beer - good luck Blue Baggers.

FYI, bit of trivia his nickname is Huddy.

Camberwell Sharks - (Football)
Camberwell Dragons - (Basketball)
Camberwell High School - (Secondary College)

Bit of a recurring theme geographically isn't it.

Great kid, nice family, and easy to coach.

Needs to work harder to reach potential - but good all round sportsman.

If he works out you can shout me a beer - good luck Blue Baggers.
If he works out happy to shout you a couple of drinks mate.

Do you mean anyone in the know, or other clubs? Was trialling with * so not totally out of the picture post draft.

HOK.

He has some good people to learn from. Kreuz, Pitto, TDK, and Markov all bring different attributes. There are also some other good learnings to be had from players that have tucked at that level including Young and SOS. If he is the right player he will have the right players to learn from. Love the lite speed he has. That speed could help him to become a serviceable back man or forward if they decide to look at those areas over time.
we need to sort out the mirkov markov issue - watch me:

markov mirkov

There are also some other good learnings to be had from players that have Rucked at that level including Young and SOS.

Lessons.
Wisdom.
Advice.
Knowledge.

All of which suffice and are better substitutions.

All clubs are guilty of this misuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you mean anyone in the know, or other clubs? Was trialling with * so not totally out of the picture post draft.

HOK.

Specifically Kreuzer. Working with MK will be fantastic for his development.

Interesting that * looked at him. If there's one thing Dodo has his eye toward it's lottery pick style talls.

Fortunate to get him.

Smart signing. Natural ruck that has great athletic testing, and a perceived weakness - overhead marking - that doesn't impact most contests he's involved in his position on the ground. Exactly what rookie lists and mid-season drafts are for when you're not in the midst of an injury crisis.

Looking forward to his development over the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back