Senior #39: Jason Johannissen

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a great read on the age website.
He has come along way, and is a pretty cool story to him getting drafted. Nice recruitment by Daylrymple. Also thank goodness his mate or cousin needed a fill in for a aussie rules game, otherwise he be playing full back in rugby league.
Can definitely see the full back rugby league game in him. The dash off half back. To defend, but also to go for a run.
Great find. And to get him and Dahlhaus off the rookie list in the same year is just fantastic.

I noticed there wasn't a thread about JJ. I believe that he is going to be a good player for the Western Bulldogs and just want to hear what other people think about him.

Jason Johannisen.jpg

I think he is very good as a rebounding defender but he could just as good on a wing with his blistering pace and decent kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldnt take him out of the backline unless things change, every one seems to have this idea that small defenders (and forwards) need to move into the middle to "go to another level", and the flanks and pockets are just there for youngins to develop.

Get a real country JJ! * Ricky Nixon is a mighty tool

BslROQnCEAENZ2_.jpg:large

Spoke to an insider earlier this week and asked him about the likelihood of JJ going. He thought there was next to no chance.

Asked him about the Essendon thing last year, apparently Essendon chased him but he turned them down flat with a 'not interested'.

The same guy told me last trade week that we were real close to getting Patton (GWS were close to agreeing because big Jonno was enjoying the drink a bit much) and we would get a kid from GWS 'you've never heard of'.

Yeah he seems pretty close with a few of the younger boys, Stringer in particular. Not sure going to Essendon is the wisest career move right now anyway. Probably just wants a bit more money than we're offering and hey if he keeps playing like he did on the weekend he might just get it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back