AFL Player #26: Kaine Baldwin - Out for extended period with stress fracture in foot - 16/2

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wanted to wish all the best here as the poor lad is a super talent that might have missed his chance due to his injuries - great that your club was willing to offer him a chance. Hope he can get over his injuries and we can see what he can do. Would have been more than happy for my club to have taken a chance with him

I wonder if this acquisition is somewhat inspired by Hurley being sidelined, or if it was always in the plan.
I'd go with plan considering he's out for 2 months still

So what I’ve gathered is that if he can get over his injuries we might have another one of the top tall prospects in this draft?

We are certainly now set for young KPP stocks.

“Our medical and high-performance team are confident they will see Kaine make a full rehabilitation from his knee injury over the coming months and are optimistic he will have a long and sustained AFL career.

“We think Kaine will form an exciting combination in our forward line with the likes of Harrison Jones and Peter Wright, Archie Perkins and Alec Waterman over years to come, so we’re pleased Kaine will take a hold of this opportunity to be part of the Bombers. We look forward to seeing what he can achieve this season.“

I am not confident with our medical department haha

I thought rebounding defenders might be the priority now but apparently Dodo still wants more talls. Not that I’m complaining, a speculative player with a lot of upside is what the rookie list is for.

On the flip side, if you know you’re going to be crap, you may as well just hoard talent. Tbh I would have thought another running defender would have been handy as well

I thought rebounding defenders might be the priority now but apparently Dodo still wants more talls. Not that I’m complaining, a speculative player with a lot of upside is what the rookie list is for.
Can still get one in the MSD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus if they rule Hurley out for a significant period of time (increasingly likely) its another spot
Yep. Inside mid and half back. Dunkley and whom?

Smart move. I didn't follow the draft all that much because our selections were limited (in the sense that there was always a list of about 10 players were going to draft).

It is inevitable that some bolters/later bloomers/injured potential guns fell all the way through the draft period.

Here's hoping we found the right one. I'd probably keep a spot open for the MSD because we'll have a high pick and you'd have to think some undrafted 19 year olds announce themselves. By the same token. maybe we have to be wary of the continuation of this COVID bullshit. Maybe we can't assume the MSD will proceed and it is better to take the punt now. 6 of 1 half a dozen in the other, in my eyes.

Really, this just makes me sad. The wounds of Hank Crauford are still far too raw.

“Our medical and high-performance team are confident they will see Kaine make a full rehabilitation from his knee injury over the coming months and are optimistic he will have a long and sustained AFL career.

“We think Kaine will form an exciting combination in our forward line with the likes of Harrison Jones and Peter Wright, Archie Perkins and Alec Waterman over years to come, so we’re pleased Kaine will take a hold of this opportunity to be part of the Bombers. We look forward to seeing what he can achieve this season.“

I am not confident with our medical department haha
Well given 99% of the medical department have been with us for less than 2 years and we actually ended up fixing Joe in the end I have more confidence now than in the past.

Smart move. I didn't follow the draft all that much because our selections were limited (in the sense that there was always a list of about 10 players were going to draft).

It is inevitable that some bolters/later bloomers/injured potential guns fell all the way through the draft period.

Here's hoping we found the right one. I'd probably keep a spot open for the MSD because we'll have a high pick and you'd have to think some undrafted 19 year olds announce themselves. By the same token. maybe we have to be wary of the continuation of this COVID bullshit. Maybe we can't assume the MSD will proceed and it is better to take the punt now. 6 of 1 half a dozen in the other, in my eyes.

Really, this just makes me sad. The wounds of Hank Crauford are still far too raw.

My mail was Hank was found wanting in the professionalism stakes. Could play a bit but bit of a loose canon when it came to preparation. One comment was "would have been a star in the 70's and 80's when you did not have to prepare at 100% week in and week out.

I have not seen a lot of Baldwin but the little I did see of him as an under 16 was good.

Well given 99% of the medical department have been with us for less than 2 years and we actually ended up fixing Joe in the end I have more confidence now than in the past.
Let's hope we can fix him

free hit - swing for the fences. i like it.
Yep. Sounds like we have nothing to lose and everything to gain here. There was obviously a reason he was once considered a top 10 prospect in this draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back