AFL Player #26: Kaine Baldwin - Out for extended period with stress fracture in foot - 16/2

Remove this Banner Ad

“It was a pretty draining kind of week in terms of my own mental battles, and being pretty nervous and pretty fearful after being out of the game for such a long time.

“I had a lot of support from our mental coach – our psychologist – Dave Reid, and he did a lot of work with me in the upcoming month. It was all throughout the season actually, just around how to manage those doubts and fears, and how to accept that those fears are going to be there and just trying to play with as much confidence as I could.”

Exactly my point on why him playing now was a good idea. Step one taken.
Yep that's why even though it was a "meaningless" game to some on here, it wasn't for him.

Any idea when the scratch match this week is? More interested in that than the Pies game. Not much at stake there...

He gets that game anyway, and will probably still experience the same next season.
And doesn't spend the off season worrying about his first game back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he was worried about it before then he'll still be worried about it then. He only played a half.
In my experience no. Once yo get through the first 15 minutes or so it is like a weight being lifted from you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back