AFL Player #26: Kaine Baldwin - Out for extended period with stress fracture in foot - 16/2

26 - baldwin.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 33, Zach Package

Last edited by a moderator:
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
You can see why Truck mentioned him when saying he was comfortable with our tall stocks.

On one hand, having another key forward developing would be nice but am really starting to lean towards allowing Baldwin &/or Eyre a year in the VFL.

See how they go and hopefully by years end the other guys capable enough (Reid has been mooted capable enough as a fwd, Eyre obviously, Francis fwd or back) decides which way we go.

But yeah, when you see a kid lifting weights before (pre) pre season, it’s hard not to get excited about his prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On one hand, having another key forward developing would be nice but am really starting to lean towards allowing Baldwin &/or Eyre a year in the VFL.

See how they go and hopefully by years end the other guys capable enough (Reid has been mooted capable enough as a fwd, Eyre obviously, Francis fwd or back) decides which way we go.

But yeah, when you see a kid lifting weights before (pre) pre season, it’s hard not to get excited about his prospects.

A report a few months back spoke about how he was staying back after training and doing a bunch of extra work. He's clearly got the talent, and by all accounts he's got the work ethic, I think the only major query is the knee.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
A report a few months back spoke about how he was staying back after training and doing a bunch of extra work. He's clearly got the talent, and by all accounts he's got the work ethic, I think the only major query is the knee.

Talent gets you so far, work ethic and competitiveness takes you past that line of being a good honest toilet imho

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
His mugshot up the top is giving me WW2 vibes idk why looks slightly thousand yard stare-ish.

Just thought I'd share :sweatsmile:

Could that be because of his old style of head?

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Did i mis hear on trade radio Rendell saying he can play midfield?

I know Rendell says some strange things but it seemed like he had watched him years ago

TheUnicorn

Premiership Player
Nov 1, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Taking the big bodied midfielder thing to ridiculous levels….
We have to lead the way in innovation! once upon a time the average FF was prob like 180cm in a few decades the average midfielder will be 200cm+ Due to Essendon midfield destroying the league with their 2 giant midfielders Baldwin & Cox :sweatsmile:

Back