Past #39: Leigh Harding - selected with #13 in 2000 RD - retired at end of 2010 season - coaches at BL

Is Harding the new Arnold Briedis?

• Yes, he is the new Briedis

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, he's not the new Arnie

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • His goalkicking reminds me of the great Arnie Briedis

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • He is ruggedly handsome like Arnie!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I've said before - after the knee, he came back playing with the gratitude of an RSPCA dog picked up by a loving family. Now he is a spoilt Pomeranian sitting on an uppity lady's knee eating single serves of My Dog.

Yes, he's there cos of injuries and unfortunately doesn't seem to have long left in the game. And after tonight I'm annoyed for sure, but not bothered about the future. No Petrie, Wells, McMahon, Grima, Pratt, Anthony... And we're playing guys like this, and Hale after already having played (and eaten a sausage roll). It's not like these spuds are keeping out kids who are showing great signs - the're seriously all we have left.

Massively shite though that Harding has gone this way. I don't know what's gone on there.

Horrible game. I counted at least three 20m chip passes out of the backline that bounced in front of team mates. One lead directly to a turnover, from memory.

Not only that, did not run, did not work and only did one good thing, and that was the assist on Goldy's goal in the 4th. Don't know what the selection committee will do with him but I've lost faith.

Terrible game tonight but not the only one.

Campbell was awful and should not keep his place in this team.

I think we missed Grima tonight. He holds the backline together.

Not happy about tonight game.

Actually pissed off.

We had 3 ruckmen they had 1 our midfield got killed.

ES

Given a bath by a rookie.

He's gone.

I would play any other available player on our list ahead of him from now on and bring him back in for CJ's farewell game.

Given a bath by a rookie.

He's gone.

I would play any other available player on our list ahead of him from now on and bring him back in for CJ's farewell game.
McMillan looked like he was operating in slow motion and still dominating junior footy at one stage, but I'll be ****ing riotous if Harding is played in front of McMillan.

McMillan looked like he was operating in slow motion and still dominating junior footy at one stage, but I'll be ****ing riotous if Harding is played in front of McMillan.

Yep agree, MacMillan look fazed by the pace of the match.

Still, the bummers going one way at the docklands is about as hot as it gets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming anyone we trade is for another decent pick or player so we need to make room for 3-4 players at least, 4-6 if we plan to elevate rookies.

Possibly leaving?

Jones
Harding
Smith

It has got me stuffed who else will be given the shove. How is Benjamin travelling?

Is Lower contracted? I know he was part of our required midfield this year but with Cunnington, Ziebell, Swallow and Bastinac we are probably more in need of some real quality outside mids to top it off.

The other question mark would be Ross.

I am not advocating that anyone should go, just trying to figure out who might go. With our recruiters doing such an awesome job of late it seems criminal to only go in with the bare minimum of picks if this draft is as good and deep as some have suggested.

Very loyal clubman and has worked his backside off to get to where he is. It would be sad to see him delisted and I hope he goes out on his own terms, perhaps another one year contract if a trade can't be worked out?

But then again the same kind of tough call was made on Daniel Harris so he could be in a bit of strife.

Harding has pace which is still a very sought after footballing commodity. I can't see him improving but he does add depth and can play either end of the ground.

The likes of josh Smith, Ben Ross are more likely to go IMO.

I would not object to a 12 month deal. I am assuming that the draft will be fairly thin for us with gold Coast skimming the cream.

Back