Past #39: Leigh Harding - selected with #13 in 2000 RD - retired at end of 2010 season - coaches at BL

Is Harding the new Arnold Briedis?

• Yes, he is the new Briedis

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, he's not the new Arnie

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • His goalkicking reminds me of the great Arnie Briedis

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • He is ruggedly handsome like Arnie!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Received an e-mail earlier this week from our media manager confirming that he has signed with us to play season 2011.

We've also picked up former West Coast Eagles rookie in 202 cm ruckman Will Sullivan.

From the club's website
Two big name signings for the Tigers
Paul Satterley, the senior coach of the Werribee Football Club, is excited by the news that the club has signed former North Melbourne star Leigh Harding and up and coming former Eagles- listed ruckman Will Sullivan.

Harding joins Werribee after 10 seasons at North Melbourne, where he played 141 games and kicked 157 goals. When he announced his retirement from AFL football he said “I feel it is time to step aside and give the younger players at the club some more opportunities.”

Ironically, he will now be playing with many of those younger players as part of the alliance between the Kangaroos and the Tigers.

Paul Satterley is looking forward to adding Harding to the Tigers line up: “His experience, leadership and professionalism - plus the other qualities he brings both on and off the field - will be invaluable. It’s a real recruiting coup.”

Will Sullivan is a product of the Werribee Juniors and has always harboured a desire to play at Avalon Airport Oval before being drafted by the Eagles with selection 43 in the 2008 rookie draft.

All coaches love height and Satterley is no exception: “At 202 centimetres, Will is going to have a real impact, especially with the knowledge he has gained in Perth playing and training alongside Dean Cox and Nic Naitanui. I am sure being home will bring out the best in him.”

Sullivan played 59 senior games for Perth in his three years in the west. Last year in his 19 appearances he had 431 hit outs and took 101 marks.

Harding has already met his new team mates and Sullivan will join training after the Christmas- New Year break.

Werribee pre season training will recommence on Wednesday 12 January at Avalon Airport Oval.

Last time I chatted with him he was close to making a decision regarding whether or not he was going to suit up for us again, but unfortunately I couldn't get a definitive answer.

Excellent news, Harding is a top quality bloke.

This :thumbsu:

Originally Posted by Scottroo
obst has signed with centrals in the SANFL

Fair enough too, being an Adelaide boy and all. How many flags is it for Centrals in the past decade? Good luck to Obba. Another, dare I say it, TOP BLOKE!

I think Leigh might still be working at the club as part of the fitness team
Yeah DR, I saw him there on Wednesday talking with Drew, dressed in North gear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the best for Obba, not so for his team, I'm sick of Centrals winning flags, and their obnoxious supporter group singing songs and stealing hubcaps........

Some of the players who you will not see suiting up in Tigers colours next year include:
Tim Bongetti- forward who played some good games for us this year but also missed several games due to injury. It was the travel that got to him and has elected to return his local club Greensborough in the NFL.

Matt Laidlaw- ex Sydney listed player who had a frustrating year with injury and will play with VAFA club Old Carey.

Marty Pask- former Brisbane/Bulldogs defender or forward who was serviceable at different times during the season for us has decided to take a step back and will play the EDFL club Keilor.

Very pleased to have him playing with us at Werribee next year, he's got plenty of experience and he will be a good role model for the younger guys we have especially those who are in the 1-3 years bracket.

This is fantastic. Really like this.
I work in this field and know exactly what happens when a player gets injured so I think it's good that North have a position for Leigh to help with their rehab. It's a pretty big thing getting over injuries. IMO it can determine your future progress.

Back