Review Malcolm Karpany (2014 - 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-05-30/rucks-not-the-issue-simpson

“Malcolm Karpany coming in to the side and making seven changes, there is some positives there that we can take forward.”

Jetta had a remarkable 809 metres gained against the Giants, as well as amassing 28 disposals, and booting two goals to go with 11 score involvements, while Karpany had a team-high 17 forward half pressure acts and booted his first AFL goal.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-05-30/rucks-not-the-issue-simpson

They mentioned this in the game review video as well. Good to see Malcolm giving it a red hot go.

Malcolm may be yet to sing the club song at the end of a game, but he's making his mark this season from limited opportunity.

Against Melbourne he was particularly good in the first quarter, and finished the match with 7 kicks, 8 handballs, 1 mark, 2 tackles, 2 Frees for, 1 Free against, 3 clearances and a goal from only 63% gametime, which was the lowest of the team.

Off this performance and with Lecras out for a few games, he definitely deserves a run of games at senior level and if he keeps this up will earn a new contract without a doubt.

He just looks so damn classy when he has the ball.

Karps named again on the bench for Round 15 vs the reigning premiers!

I'd like to see him hold his spot when we don't have 4 outs due to injury/illness, but this is still progress!

What a game from Malcolm. So good someone asked about him at the post game presser. Simmo even seemed to know who he was!

Karpany's first win as an Eagle!

Naturally the broadcast cut out before the team song, but if footage of the song turns up I will post it here.

11 Kicks, 6 Handballs, 8 marks, 2 tackles and 3 goals! His first two goals were in the first quarter from range and really settled the team down. Very classy finishing. I'd go as far to say that he set the tone early and was just about BOG in the first quarter if not for Gaff running riot.

More to come.

So he played really well? I didn't get to watch but I was pleased to see he kicked a few. The AFL highlight cut them all off though.

So he played really well? I didn't get to watch but I was pleased to see he kicked a few. The AFL highlight cut them all off though.

His first 2 shots at goal were both early in the first quarter and he never looked like missing from 45-50 out both times. He's stacking up well against Hill/Cripps/Lecras and if he keeps this up he'll stay in the team past next week.

He's really taking his chance now.

Named on the field for the first time. Has previously been named 4th on the bench when he hasn't been a late inclusion.

Will probably keep Lecras out of the team who has been named on the extended bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just sticking this here for posterity.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/the-ho...t-coast-forward-malcolm-karpany-ng-b88529158z

“In the middle of last year, I think he had a pretty defining moment,” Vozzo said.

“He had a very open and honest discussion with the coach with regards to where he sat and where he needed to improve to take his career to another level.

“It was really about what he wants to get out of his career, where he wants to head. It was very much in his hands as much as ours. It was really spelled out quite clearly the areas that he needed to improve and he’s embraced that and taken it on. I think we’re seeing some of the rewards now.”

Named last on the bench in final teams. Typical.

At least he kept Hill out of the side seeing as Lecras got back in on something other than exposed form.

Malcolm may as well change his middle name to "scapegoat" because you just know what's coming after that game.

I'd like to take this opportunity to pre-emptively say that it's absolute trash and you all know it.

Karpany named on the extended bench for Sunday's game against Collingwood. Cripps also on the extended bench, so I reckon Karps could come in for Cripps.

Named last again though (sigh).

Karpany back in for the Brisbane game! Named on the field too. Will that last till Sunday final teams for a change or will Malcolm's 100% strike rate being named 4th on the bench continue?

Oh hell yeah:

DFzdeR7VwAQDkKY.jpg

Karpany has survived a quiet game and being named last on the extended bench to make the final 22 for the Saints game, which is a very good sign considering how much of a crunch game this is.

He may have extra tickets on account of him not being involved in the Collingwood debacle :D

Another relatively quiet game. Did some good things and kicked a good crumbing goal, but zero tackles might count against him. Cripps only layed one tackle though so Karpany could easily survive again.

Will want to train really hard this week.

Dropped for round 21 vs Carlton. Would be a bad time of year to be dropped if we were looking finals bound, but we're not. So here's hoping for a big game for East Perth.

Still yet to sign a contract extension and I'm starting to get nervous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back