Player Watch #39 Mate Colina

Remove this Banner Ad

You're a world class 💩 talker. Blocked you over a year ago for whatever reason but that comment caught my eye as myself and TI apparently " staked our reputations on him proving worthless". I'm completely ambivalent towards Colina. He's played 7 mediocre games in magoos averaging 4 lousy touches 0.6 marks and 0.3 goals and 5 h/o's. In all that time not even a glimpse of potential other than apparently running a nice time trial 🤔

He signed in 2020 been on the list seasons 2021/22/23/24 that's 4 years now. 1st couple on approx $85k last 2 on $115k? That's still $400k, enough for a house in St Albans outright and 4 years of showing nothing really.

None of us truly know how favortism works at Punt Rd. Why blokes like Jake King, Taylor Hunt get gifted repeated games. Must be nice having a ruck coach/ relative pumping your tyres up so you get money for jam. No issue with the first few years was a failed gamble. Was lunacy giving him another year.
His medical bill is probably higher than his wages mate. No point being the fastest tall man alive if you have constant back injuries and when you’re fit you’re a complete liability to the team. Not only is he worthless, but worse bc he’s an expensive proposition. He’s not cheap bc of the amount of development staff , medical staff, salary etc etc with time needed to get him to standard. I think it’s pissing money up the Yarra and the St Albans home would've at least been a stable asset and investment for the club. 😂

His medical bill is probably higher than his wages mate. No point being the fastest tall man alive if you have constant back injuries and when you’re fit you’re a complete liability to the team. Not only is he worthless, but worse bc he’s an expensive proposition. He’s not cheap bc of the amount of development staff , medical staff, salary etc etc with time needed to get him to standard. I think it’s pissing money up the Yarra and the St Albans home would've at least been a stable asset and investment for the club. 😂
i doubt you could even by a block of land in stalbans for double that price

As I’ve said previously on here if he wants to have a realistic shot at making it then he needs to be played as a Dustin fletcher type defender …. I don’t see him making it as a ruck or forward

I believe that the club have to make a decision on him at the end of this season; as he would have spent his allotted time on the Cat-B list.

I was surprised with how good and mobile he looked in the practice matches, but being out for 8-12+ weeks (assuming this is what is meant by ‘long term’); it’s hard to expect him to show enough in the last third of the year to justify retention. Especially if he has on going back issues.

I believe that the club have to make a decision on him at the end of this season; as he would have spent his allotted time on the Cat-B list.

I was surprised with how good and mobile he looked in the practice matches, but being out for 8-12+ weeks (assuming this is what is meant by ‘long term’); it’s hard to expect him to show enough in the last third of the year to justify retention. Especially if he has on going back issues.
We had to get permission just to keep him on as a Cat B this year. He'll have to be either promoted to a cat A rookie or delisted. He'd need to show something in the back end of the year to be retained.

Just going off your other comments throughout BigFooty............

View attachment 1931446
I assume you're the same bloke thats chimed in here in defence of Mate a few times now so I'm guessing you have some sort of relationship with him.

What's the story? Done his back long term, again. It's a shame because he had a great pre season. Is he going to spend the rest of the year watching on again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume you're the same bloke thats chimed in here in defence of Mate a few times now so I'm guessing you have some sort of relationship with him.

What's the story? Done his back long term, again. It's a shame because he had a great pre season. Is he going to spend the rest of the year watching on again?
Same issue as in the past, should still get back for a fair few games in the back half of the season as its been identified earlier. Hopefully take his pre season form into his return!

Same issue as in the past, should still get back for a fair few games in the back half of the season as its been identified earlier. Hopefully take his pre season form into his return!
can you confirm the rumours its shaggers back and that hes a giant horndog

Remove this Banner Ad

Back