Player Watch #39 Mate Colina

Remove this Banner Ad

John Roumeliotis will be missing for the rest of the season that's two huge season-ending losses for the stars in the opening two rounds
Happier news for douttas is that vic metro training has begun and a record number of under 16's were invited including Ben Caluzzi, Cameron Rayner, Noah Balta and a very surprising one, the exceptionally tall Matè Colina
All up around 10 or so edfl players invited which is a very strong result for the league good luck to the boys

Couldn't find much vision on him but here are a couple of videos (and a quote from his U-16 year)

I rarely have mail, but when it comes to the Croatians, I can assist

Admittedly, it looks like he's joining sooner than I was told.

really excited by this signing.

Article says he played for Calder, so he is obviously familiar with the game, do you know much about how he went at junior level?

I know some TAC clubs in the past have selected kids based on height / athletic qualities rather than footy skills, so keen to hear more about his exposure to footy when he was younger!

Love the fact we have respected his current studies and basketball and not forced the issue.

His first name is Mate?? That'd make things easy even if you forgot his name

Mate (pronounced mar-tay)

Great to see another Croatian at Tigerland 🇭🇷 🐯

(Log in to remove this ad.)

really excited by this signing.

Article says he played for Calder, so he is obviously familiar with the game, do you know much about how he went at junior level?

I know some TAC clubs in the past have selected kids based on height / athletic qualities rather than footy skills, so keen to hear more about his exposure to footy when he was younger!

Love the fact we have respected his current studies and basketball and not forced the issue.
From what I've been told, he's one of those who's a "natural athlete" - I know lots of people dislike this term but that's the best way to describe him. Whether it was basketball, soccer or footy he has that uncanny ability to adapt quickly simply due to his athleticism.

I don't think he played junior footy for a long time so maybe take that (Calder) with a grain of salt but I'll ask and find out.

I'd imagine he came from a very limited footy background like Soldo but the difference is he's a MUCH better athlete than Soldo - running, athleticism, kicking (action and strength, not sure about accuracy) all much better.

From what I've been told, he's one of those who's a "natural athlete" - I know lots of people dislike this term but that's the best way to describe him. Whether it was basketball, soccer or footy he has that uncanny ability to adapt quickly simply due to his athleticism.

I don't think he played junior footy for a long time so maybe take that (Calder) with a grain of salt but I'll ask and find out.

I'd imagine he came from a very limited footy background like Soldo but the difference is he's a MUCH better athlete than Soldo - running, athleticism, kicking (action and strength, not sure about accuracy) all much better.
does he like strippers and souvlakis?

Sorry to be a stickler but, technically no. That's how to butcher it with an Australian accent

Think about how Italians say "che" that's how you pronounce the second part of his name.

Mar-teh is correct.

Mar-teh Cho-li-na

Aw crap. Are you sure?

I was hoping that when he kicks 5 against the Pies in a prelim the whole crowd could shout 'maaaaaaaaaaaaaaate!'

And where do strippers rank?

tiddies >>>>>>> souvs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kebabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back