Player Watch #39 Mate Colina

Remove this Banner Ad

I've sent a text out to get the info on how long he is here for etc.
Ok, quick response...

He came to Melbourne on Saturday after quarantining in Sydney beforehand. He then went to the game and watched us against the Swans.

He is here on his break, nothing has changed. Won't be playing AFL until 2022 - if at all.

Ok, quick response...

He came to Melbourne on Saturday after quarantining in Sydney beforehand. He then went to the game and watched us against the Swans.

He is here on his break, nothing has changed. Won't be playing AFL until 2022 - if at all.
wot u mean if at all

didnt he quit bball for footy?

wot u mean if at all

didnt he quit bball for footy?
If he quit basketball he would forego his college scholarship. He's worked his whole life for basketball, he's not just going to throw it away.

My understanding is that once his college basketball stint is over - which I believe is this year - he will make a decision.

If he gets offers from Europe (as NBA is extremely unlikely) then you cannot categorically say he'll play AFL. This is why he signed with us so early, because we aren't forcing him to quit basketball... Unlike another certain club.

If he quit basketball he would forego his college scholarship. He's worked his whole life for basketball, he's not just going to throw it away.

My understanding is that once his college basketball stint is over - which I believe is this year - he will make a decision.

If he gets offers from Europe (as NBA is extremely unlikely) then you cannot categorically say he'll play AFL. This is why he signed with us so early, because we aren't forcing him to quit basketball... Unlike another certain club.
Fair enough
Gives him a chance to test the waters in a professional AFL environment but still leaves him the option to play basketball down the track

Costs us a minimum as a club being a cat b rookie as well
Exciting prospect

no way he will go basketball now with coronis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maxresdefault.jpg

No doubting your information but whats the likelihood of him giving up on his dream and staying at Richmond in 2021?

He's not getting offers from anywhere with pedestrian stats like 6.5pts and 5.1 rebounds in 18 minutes a game in a weak conference. Surely it would make more sense for him to train full time and be 12 months ahead in his development.

No doubting your information but whats the likelihood of him giving up on his dream and staying at Richmond in 2021?

He's not getting offers from anywhere with pedestrian stats like 6.5pts and 5.1 rebounds in 18 minutes a game in a weak conference. Surely it would make more sense for him to train full time and be 12 months ahead in his development.
I think its more about completing thee free college education he gets whilst playing basket ball

I know nothing about basket ball is he any good ? Whats the league like where he plays and is he like their best 5 player ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back