Player Watch #39: Nathan Drummond

Apr 30, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Lets not get too carried away. He has been drafted by Francis Jackson coached by softwick and he's hardly a dustin martin/deledio. Couple weeks ago delusional supporters were excited at marics return. Blind Freddie could see he's been bloody ordinary for few years now.

Lets not get too carried away. He has been drafted by Francis Jackson coached by softwick and he's hardly a dustin martin/deledio. Couple weeks ago delusional supporters were excited at marics return. Blind Freddie could see he's been bloody ordinary for few years now.
Or you know, you could just be happy for him. :thumbsdown:
I like the endeavour of this kid.

But he is a third rounder, with a good attitude coming off an ACL.

Hope he goes well, but think he might be a little ways away.
Yep agreed. Start small. Get on the park, enjoy yourself but bust your guts out, whatever happens from there happens.

If he gets a clear run at it, he will make it. Kid has what it takes. Just a cruel injury at a horrible time. Have faith with this lad. He will surprise a lot on this board.

If he gets a clear run at it, he will make it. Kid has what it takes. Just a cruel injury at a horrible time. Have faith with this lad. He will surprise a lot on this board.

Agreed. Was my favourite player in the 2013 draft and wanted us to take him then. Was ecstatic to pick him up in 2014.

Kid has everything. Pace, endurance, agility, hard at it, runs and carries, can win his own ball. Disposal is inconsistent, but he will be an absolute gem if he can stay injury free.

I'm not sure why, but he reminds me of Matthew Knights.

Last edited:
What are everyone's thoughts on the lad for 2017 and beyond?
Had a bit of a run at it late last year.

I'm not going to suggest any limit......I certainly don't know what his possibilities are.....As long as he gets a good run at it who knows where he could be by seasons end.....

I wonder if they will continue to play him forward? I like him better as a half back or wing

From the little I have seen, I wonder if he could be the Vlas replacement but with better speed and endurance?

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
From the little I have seen, I wonder if he could be the Vlas replacement but with better speed and endurance?
Has the physical attributes to be the Vlas replacement.Would rather Oleg on a wing to be honest.

che88

Team Captain
Aug 19, 2011
perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
man city
Agreed. Was my favourite player in the 2013 draft and wanted us to take him then. Was ecstatic to pick him up in 2014.

Kid has everything. Pace, endurance, agility, hard at it, runs and carries, can win his own ball. Disposal is inconsistent, but he will be an absolute gem if he can stay injury free.

except the disposal part!that was matty knights bread and butter:)

Like the kid even though I've barely seen much of him. Has already had his share of setbacks in his young career (missing out on being drafted in 2013 through injury IIRC and then of course doing his knee on debut).

His goal when he returned to the seniors was a memorable moment from a pretty dire 2016 season.

Hopefully his exposure to adversity and his determination to overcome those setbacks helps drive him to a big 2017 and beyond. Would love to see him maybe play off a flank somewhere to allow a Corey Ellis or Vlaustin type to push up the ground.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

except the disposal part!that was matty knights bread and butter:)
Could be the blond hair also.
That being said, his arse is no where near the size of knighters!

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond fear youngster Nathan Drummond has again torn his ACL

Daniel Cherny
Published: April 22, 2017 - 3:38PM
Advertisement

Richmond are bracing for bad news regarding Nathan Drummond with the Tigers suspecting the 22-year-old will need another knee reconstruction.

While the club won't confirm the news until Drummond has scans, it is feared the third-year utility faces another lengthy stint on the sidelines after he left the ground in tears, helped by trainers, in the first half of Richmond's VFL clash with Sandringham at Trevor Barker Beach Oval on Saturday.

He went straight into the club's rooms, where he was visited by senior teammates watching the game, as well as senior coach Damien Hardwick.

The knee is not the same one he hurt almost two years ago to the day in his first AFL game against Melbourne on Anzac Day eve 2015.

After more than a year out of the game, Drummond bounced back in 2016, returning via the VFL before playing four AFL games late in the season.

The Victorian was drafted by the Tigers with pick 52 in the 2014 draft, and is a relation to former Carlton and Fitzroy footballer and South Australian governor Sir Doug Nicholls, after whom the AFL's Indigenous round is named.

Drummond signed a one-year contract extension with the Tigers last year, meaning his current deal expires at the end of this season.

This story was found at: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...d-has-again-torn-his-acl-20170422-gvqaw4.html

Richmond fear youngster Nathan Drummond has again torn his ACL

Daniel Cherny
Published: April 22, 2017 - 3:38PM
Advertisement

Richmond are bracing for bad news regarding Nathan Drummond with the Tigers suspecting the 22-year-old will need another knee reconstruction.

While the club won't confirm the news until Drummond has scans, it is feared the third-year utility faces another lengthy stint on the sidelines after he left the ground in tears, helped by trainers, in the first half of Richmond's VFL clash with Sandringham at Trevor Barker Beach Oval on Saturday.

He went straight into the club's rooms, where he was visited by senior teammates watching the game, as well as senior coach Damien Hardwick.

The knee is not the same one he hurt almost two years ago to the day in his first AFL game against Melbourne on Anzac Day eve 2015.

After more than a year out of the game, Drummond bounced back in 2016, returning via the VFL before playing four AFL games late in the season.

The Victorian was drafted by the Tigers with pick 52 in the 2014 draft, and is a relation to former Carlton and Fitzroy footballer and South Australian governor Sir Doug Nicholls, after whom the AFL's Indigenous round is named.

Drummond signed a one-year contract extension with the Tigers last year, meaning his current deal expires at the end of this season.

This story was found at: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...d-has-again-torn-his-acl-20170422-gvqaw4.html
Thanks for posting. But I won't like it.
No more Anzac round games.....ever!

Back