#39 Neville Jetta - Retired. Thank you Nev 🖤💛❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Love him and will miss him. Like Jones, he deserves a medal. You can tell the impact he has on Kosi. I also love his unassuming old school attitude. In the post match celebrations Kosi tried to put his medal on Nev and you could almost here him politely decline and say: “Nah, that’s yours young fella.”

I hope the club can find some sort of role for Nev - if he’s interested - he’s a special person.

Remember him playing a game v Bulldogs in 2018 where he comfortably looked like the best player on the ground, was clunking marks and beating opponents everywhere. Developed himself into one of the best small defenders in the league for years, all after being delisted and coming back via the rookie list, just a brilliant effort. All the best Nev, your influence on this club has been massive!

Think I want to go into a bit more detail about my love for this guy....

Nev was the original bloke I gave up for dead on who came back from a delisting to make me look like a fool ....and for that I love him so much.

Speaks of the character and heart he has, never quit attitude and ability to focus on the job at hand, he was never overawed by any task or opponent, feel like his game was 95% heart and 5% skill. Blokes like that will always hold a special place in my memory.

In a big game or moment you doubted a lot of things with this football club, but you never doubted Nev.

What a player he was for us. 2021 really isn’t just about the team that was fielded on GF night, but the guys that performed in 2018 to establish the platform for belief and success. Jetta was one such pivotal cog. In 2018 there was no May, Lever (for most of the year), and Petty. Jetta, Hibberd and Oscar McDonald were our key defensive players. Jetta had to perform a huge job every week under KPD that were not A grade, he had to perform above expectation and he did it without fuss. He was such a stayer for so long.

He doesn’t have a premiership medal but he was so big in making guys like Salem who they are today. He reminds me a bit of Matthew Whelan. Hard as nails and gave 100%. Well done Nev.

Absolute legend. My favourite player for a three year period and was absolutely one of the leaders who took us from being a really poor side to a competitive side. For a few years he was undoubtedly in the top 2 players in the league in his role and position, not many can say that.
Seems like a champion person too, if he has any interest in staying in footy in a mentoring or development role we'd surely make that happen.

I can't tell if his moment with Koz was one of the most wholesome things you'll see, or one of the most heartbreaking

agree it was :) and :( all in one....speaks of his character, never one to make something about him. All team and class.

agree it was :) and :( all in one....speaks of his character, never one to make something about him. All team and class.
I think it's the sad one, Koz probably trying to make him feel apart of it and jets just didn't. Don't blame him either.

Nothing against him, but feels gross to me that JJ is a premiership player and Jones and Jetta aren't

I think it's the sad one, Koz probably trying to make him feel apart of it and jets just didn't. Don't blame him either.

Nothing against him, but feels gross to me that JJ is a premiership player and Jones and Jetta aren't

How much is a premiership medal worth when you literally didn't step on the ground or have any impact in the game? Cam Mooney doesn't talk about 99 too much unless he's taking the piss.

I'm actually glad the club didn't sub anyone off to give JJ a token appearance in the last five minutes, would have been farcical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much is a premiership medal worth when you literally didn't step on the ground or have any impact in the game? Cam Mooney doesn't talk about 99 too much unless he's taking the piss.

I'm actually glad the club didn't sub anyone off to give JJ a token appearance in the last five minutes, would have been farcical.

Probably worth a pinch of s**t. I wouldn't value it meself

Probably worth a pinch of sh*t. I wouldn't value it meself

JJ should hang it up in front of wherever he trains at home over the summer to motivate himself to make sure he's in the team if we get there again. Harmes was saying he was cramping, but even JJ was telling Goody not to put him on because he knew it would have been meaningless.

The fu** are you on about 😂
It doesn’t feel gross to me that JJ is a premiership player. Jones and Jetta weren’t best 22 and I am glad the club didn’t select them based on the fact of who they were. I’ve loved having Jones and Jetta in our side for so long, but the time came and I am glad we picked the side we did as I think it’s the best one.

It doesn’t feel gross to me that JJ is a premiership player. Jones and Jetta weren’t best 22 and I am glad the club didn’t select them based on the fact of who they were. I’ve loved having Jones and Jetta in our side for so long, but the time came and I am glad we picked the side we did as I think it’s the best one.
Neither was JJ

Never forget that GWS game last year that we had to win to still potentially make the 8.

Nev threw himself into a contest he had no right to in the last quarter with the game still on the line. Inspirational.

Also saw him playing the didge here in the smoking ceremony before the Granny - legend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back