Player Watch #39 Neville Jetta - Signed to 2021

(Log in to remove this ad.)

schmuttt

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Think you'll only see one of GAJ or Danger up there at a time.

If it's both I'd expect Hibb to take the other one.
I know but as good as Jetta is Danger is too big, think with Cats tendency to just play Hawkins as the lone KPF Frost can take Danger when he is forward.

saj_21

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Think you'll only see one of GAJ or Danger up there at a time.

If it's both I'd expect Hibb to take the other one.
Hibs one on one defending is very underrated some see just him as an attacking half backer but his ability to contest in the air is very very good

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Fair dinkum at some point someone has to sit down and say ' this is the way the game is played' which is when you see the ball you go for it. Then everything else that happens has to be excused as part of the game.

I don't give a **** if you are the smartest toughest bloke on earth, if you see a 110kg 6'6 bloke coming full tilt towards you you will brace and protect your ribs.
Absolute ******* joke if he goes for it.

CTHORANGE

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Fair dinkum at some point someone has to sit down and say ' this is the way the game is played' which is when you see the ball you go for it. Then everything else that happens has to be excused as part of the game.

I don't give a **** if you are the smartest toughest bloke on earth, if you see a 110kg 6'6 bloke coming full tilt towards you you will brace and protect your ribs.
Absolute ******* joke if he goes for it.
That plus Brown did literally nothing to protect himself, he should have turned his body also

TheCount

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
That plus Brown did literally nothing to protect himself, he should have turned his body also
Yeah, even if he did get a week, it would have been a big chance of getting off at the Tribunal ... if a 180cm guy bumps a 200cm player in the head without jumping, if very likely the 200cm guy's fault ... which was probably what saw him with no case to answer anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeesFanTheMan

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
Irony of the rule though, if Brown protects himself and lays out Jetta he probably gets 3 weeks. You can't win anymore
I would expect the precedent set by Viney challenging at the tribunal would hold up, they are allowed to turn their body and brace for impact.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Not even comparable? Douglas elected to bump without making any attempt on the ball - it wasn’t dirty but he was careless. If Brown is going after the footy and then realises he’s going to cop it and attempts to protect himself by bracing he’s 100% in the clear
That's your opinion. I think Douglas sole intention was the ball until the last moment where he braced for contact. Same thing Jetta did.

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
That's your opinion. I think Douglas sole intention was the ball until the last moment where he braced for contact. Same thing Jetta did.
My opinion and that of the commentators and the MRP. Jetta at least is guarding the ball by running parallel to it, there’s clear defensive intent and Brown is standing in a position which makes it impossible for him to get to the ball without running through him. Anyway, no point in arguing a difference of perception

Top Bottom