#39 Neville Jetta - Retired. Thank you Nev 🖤💛❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Nev has never been quick though.

I think he will age quite well if he can not pick up any more serious injuries, as he's the ultimate professional and gets by on footy smarts, strength and nimbleness.

I'll back him to squeeze a few more elite years out of himself
yep. Speed was never his thing it is his hardness and smarts that make his game

Got a good 2-3 years left in him.

Hibberd I am not as confident about. Hopefully he has a good 12-18 months in him

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

One of my top 10 fav players for the MFC of all time, I love you Nev and always will, you played a huge part in turning this club around, absolute warrior.

Hope you stick around the club in the future. Enjoy retirement champ. 💕

Definition of a clubman and is so obvious in his influence over the younger indigenous boys. Just as important as Jones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of the focus on Jones but Nev was every bit as much a hard luck story. You could on his face post game that he knew it was all over and was dealing with so many emotions all at once.

Unfortunate that he lost that yard of pace over the past couple of seasons. 2017 and 2018 he was always one of the first picked.

Best of luck to him in retirement.

Oh Nev, you beautiful, beautiful human. What a player, and what a role model to so many.

Got the absolute best out of himself, and was one of the key drivers in the cultural shift of the club.

Wish him nothing but the best ❤

Well played Nev, I loved your footy with us, and I'm sorry the end has come. will always be one of my Fav's.
Oh and by the way, I have to say, "Pin those bloody arms Jetta".

And one more, "I like your game, Nev".

... cheers to a great Demon player.

Will always love this bloke. So important for implementing the cultural change at this club.

Nev was the demolition man that finals series, Tom Mitchell met his hip and shoulder the next week too

Man unlucky Jones played in the same side or I would probably have gushed as hard over him missing.
Jetta was everything I loved in a player. Not flashy, tough. Loved a tackle and turned himself into the best small defender in the comp for a couple years.

Won't be a premiership player, but I'll always remember him as a part of this flag :melbourne:

Absolute champin and every bit as much a heart and soul player as Chunks.

Made the right call and as others have said hope he stays around the club in some official capacity - if not with the indigenous players then with the backline group helping the likes of Bowey etc.

DL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back