#39 Neville Jetta - Retired. Thank you Nev 🖤💛❤️

Had my doubts at the start of the year, but has shown a bit in the last couple of weeks, particularly as he has pushed up into the middle.

He played in the middle as a junior; we perhaps had our blinkers on as he struggled with the FP role he was forced into when Aussie went down pre-season. Now released back into the middle, he's going a lot better.

His foot skills are actually quite decent, and there is no reason he can't develop into a Tambling/Bateman outside midfielder who chips in with a couple of goals every now and again (should have had two on Sat night).

I hope Bailey continues to give him a good run in the side.

Last edited by a moderator:

WattsGoodForYou

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
I actually mentioned this on another thread where people were so keen to say him and Maric play the same role. I think he is a wing/midfielder who can push forward, rather than a crumbing type forward like we seem to have been playing him. His skills are decent and he is not going to set the ground alight with anything too special. I think he needs to be given a role rather than this HF floater type role that he has been given.

Though giving a role to the whole team would work to cos f*#k we look directionless atm!

Give him time and he will develop, but dont expect anything like Davey or Wonna!

DemonDoob

Senior List
May 3, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Had my doubts at the start of the year, but has shown a bit in the last couple of weeks, particularly as he has pushed up into the middle.

He played in the middle as a junior; we perhaps had our blinkers on as he struggled with the FP role he was forced into when Aussie went down pre-season. Now released back into the middle, he's going a lot better.

His foot skills are actually quite decent, and there is no reason he can't develop into a Tambling/Bateman outside midfielder who chips in with a couple of goals every now and again (should have had two on Sat night).

I hope Bailey continues to give him a good run in the side.

Talk about grasping at staws. Our Jetta is as good as Essendons Jetta. And Essendons Jetta is HOPELESS.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Talk about grasping at staws. Our Jetta is as good as Essendons Jetta. And Essendons Jetta is HOPELESS.

You are an idiot, slagging off a first year player like he's useless, get a grip.

I'm liking Jetta so far but I would have liked him more if he kicked those 2 goals last night, still he is improving.

WattsGoodForYou

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nah, but they also wanna belt dipsticks from Hobart...

If they don't, I know I certainly do.....

Oh no the scary man from behind the computer is making threats , where will i hide? what will i do?

Come on champ, everyone is different and to suggest that all people of the same race are the same is just stupidity.

Wonaeamirri33

Lovable Whore With A Heart Of Gold
10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year Chocolate Artist Ruby
May 10, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
FITZROY, Aylesbury United, St Pauli

Doob, does it ever frustrate you that you end up completely wide of the mark with almost every post you make, and look utterly ridiculous in the process? :rolleyes:

Oh no the scary man from behind the computer is making threats , where will i hide? what will i do?

Come on champ, everyone is different and to suggest that all people of the same race are the same is just stupidity.

Please don't take it as a threat, it was only meant as a statement of fact....

All I was suggesting Dippy, is that a person (regardless of colour or creed) that has a natural feel for the game shouldn't be stiffled with a restrictive game plan that is detrimental to his game breaking abilities..... That he was recruited for.....

WattsGoodForYou

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Please don't take it as a threat, it was only meant as a statement of fact....

All I was suggesting Dippy, is that a person (regardless of colour or creed) that has a natural feel for the game shouldn't be stiffled with a restrictive game plan that is detrimental to his game breaking abilities..... That he was recruited for.....

[FONT=&quot]I was being facetious, keyboard jockeys down really pose and threat...

Find me a statement or article where anyone including himself says that he needs to feel free from a structured game plan or role within a team then you will be right.[/FONT]

The Professor

All Australian
Dec 23, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
Melbourne

THe difference is Bateman and Tambling are really quick. Jetta is not. His kicking for goal is also very suspect.

I haven't seen the Brisse game so I'll be looking forward to seeing him this sat where hopefully he can play a more midfield/wing role.

THe difference is Bateman and Tambling are really quick. Jetta is not. His kicking for goal is also very suspect.

I haven't seen the Brisse game so I'll be looking forward to seeing him this sat where hopefully he can play a more midfield/wing role.
I'd put his kicking for goal down to the pressure, its a big step up from the U18's and he's going to take time to adjust. His field kicking, which is more telling, is very good.

As for his speed, he isn't blistering ala the other two I mentioned, but he's no slouch. I too am looking forward to seeing him go around again this weekend, hope he does well. :thumbsu:

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Another prime example of why us supporters should have patience with our players. I thought Jetta was pretty good on Saturday night, would of not had the opportunity if a lot of people on here got their way and wanted him dropped (after 1 game back). Just like Maric after the Geelong game it takes time to get up to speed with AFL after spending time in the reserves.

davey_magik

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Nov 27, 2004
central vic
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
west ham
How can you have doubts about him at the start of the year when he was a first year player BC?

Seriously, some people have no patience on this board.

Colin Grigson

All Australian
Jul 15, 2008
VANS Warped Tour
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mexican Bocce Team

Jetta is quick enough. I haven't noticed any problems with his kicking...

I like the look of him. He's a tough little bugger who likes a contest. He's got a bit of aggro, and he can play anywhere on the ground.

I think you'll see him show a bit of flair too once he settles into the side. he is capable of doing some spectacular things...:thumbsu:

How can you have doubts about him at the start of the year when he was a first year player BC?
Because that's how I roll.

Nah, seriously, we're allowed to have doubts about players; I never wrote him off, I simply noticed a few worrying traits. When there are players waiting in the wings, you have to expect a certain level of performance, we have every right to question his spot in the side, no matter how young or old.

Wonaeamirri33

Lovable Whore With A Heart Of Gold
10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year Chocolate Artist Ruby
May 10, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
FITZROY, Aylesbury United, St Pauli
If you guys don't want him, I'm sure we'll have him ;)

He's a gun. Wish him all the best.

Good on you for that post Mario, and it's been lots of fun on the Bay with you lately too mate... ;)

WattsGoodForYou

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think we saw yesterday some promising glimpses of Jetta. I think he is old fashoined , in that if he has has 25 touches you will know he has had those touches , rather than a accumulator who you barely notice. Very impressed with his endevour particulary his tackling. A step forward for him.

Back