Delisted #39: Pat Voss - Stiff Armed by Essendon on Oct 25. Refer to #556

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing I liked most about Voss on the weekend was his set shots. Neither of them could be considered easy and he absolutely nailed them.

goonies hey you guys GIF

Pat Voss

Key stats: two goals, five disposals, three marks

“It was his first game back from injury. He’s such a good team man and tried to play his role with the other three key position players down there. He took a couple of nice, contested marks, and ended up with a couple of goals. Defensively, he’s one that likes to tackle so it was great to have him around in the forward line.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s more heart than head but pretty close to saying “just play the guy.”

Have said a few times that he just looks like an AFL footballer. Have narrowed it down a little….he reminds me of a young Taylor Walker. They share a similar size/physique and a certain balance and power in their movements.

Doesn’t mean anything of course….just that he has “something” that’s worth looking at.

Have said a few times that he just looks like an AFL footballer. Have narrowed it down a little….he reminds me of a young Taylor Walker. They share a similar size/physique and a certain balance and power in their movements.

Doesn’t mean anything of course….just that he has “something” that’s worth looking at.

Has had very little continuity this year, unless he has a couple of weeks that forces him inside the side on form, leave him to play VFL, get a full preseason and see where he’s at for 2023.

It's the upright posture and waddle. He moves a bit like Carey used to.

He's certainly got the tools. Needs a few more weeks of conditioning and hopefully some centre bounces.

Can we build a tank on Voss? That beast as a forward and inside mid has me drooling. He has that strut too, which says to me he'll thrive on the pressure and attention of the big time. I think we have a gem. I just thought it was fanboy's man love for him. I can now see it is real!!

If he's able to contribute to stoppages around the ground we have a replacement for what Stringer was 2nd half of last year.

Can we build a tank on Voss? That beast as a forward and inside mid has me drooling. He has that strut too, which says to me he'll thrive on the pressure and attention of the big time. I think we have a gem. I just thought it was fanboy's man love for him. I can now see it is real!!

If he's able to contribute to stoppages around the ground we have a replacement for what Stringer was 2nd half of last year.
Considering how often Stringer spends consecutive weeks on the sidelines, hopefully Voss gets his shot next year.. even before the end of this year it would be great to see what he can do at the level, before rival clubs come knocking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back