Past #39: Tom McKenzie - will play for NMFC VFL team

DuckYeah

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I certainly see merit in this position. I jusr can't help but think that the lads you mentioned - particularly Mountford and Hibberd given their respective dominant State-league seasons - were victims of the Scott/Joyce policy of topping up with C graders, i.e. Ray, Hartung, Morgan, Ahern (i'm sure plenty will disagree) and more recently, Hall and Tyson.
A fine example is Hrovat, very very good vfl player.. however, he played at 2 afl clubs and still cannot cut the mustard. Its a different game, a gun vfl player does not equate to a good afl player, its next level shit mate..

quit often a mediocre vfl player can be a gun at top level. Its not a “plays good in the vfl then must be okay at afl” doesnt work like that.. or evety club would be filled with vfl BnF’s

Rusty Buckets

Senior List
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A fine example is Hrovat, very very good vfl player.. however, he played at 2 afl clubs and still cannot cut the mustard. Its a different game, a gun vfl player does not equate to a good afl player, its next level shit mate..

quit often a mediocre vfl player can be a gun at top level. Its not a “plays good in the vfl then must be okay at afl” doesnt work like that.. or evety club would be filled with vfl BnF’s
Sure, but WTF did Hrovat get three years in the first place?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
Good news. Keep fighting Tom.

McKenzie earns VFL spot

Dec 4, 2019 10:18AM

Tom McKenzie will line up for North Melbourne’s VFL team in 2020.

Drafted to North with pick 10 in the 2018 Rookie Draft, the Northern Knights’ recruit was kept out all but the last game of the season due to a back injury in 2019.

His ability to play across half-back or as an inside midfielder made him an attractive prospect for the Roos’ VFL side.

McKenzie recorded the fastest 20-metre sprint time at the 2018 Draft Combine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom