Past #39: Tom McKenzie - will play for NMFC VFL team

Remove this Banner Ad

6 Cat A rookies allowed. We have 5 at the moment.

Zurhaar is upgraded. Murphy has been on our list for 3 years now so don't we need to upgrade him or risk delisting and re-rookie-ing him? So we can take 2 rookies even if we keep McKenzie and Murphy. 3 if Murphy needs to be upgraded.

Zurhaar is upgraded. Murphy has been on our list for 3 years now so don't we need to upgrade him or risk delisting and re-rookie-ing him? So we can take 2 rookies even if we keep McKenzie and Murphy. 3 if Murphy needs to be upgraded.
6 cat a only if you do 38on senior list

We will go 40 and 4
Currently 37 on senior list (including zurhaar upgrade and bonar) 3 live draft picks

Need to turn 26,27,47,50 into 3 better picks otherwise have to pass on pick 50

Murphy, Hosie and Hayden 3 of the rookies. Then either McKenzie or pick 7 for the last rookie spot

Last edited:
What snake said

If you can’t get it - you’re useless to the side if kicking is practically your only strength.
I’d love this guy to make me look like an idiot as it’s one of our glaring weaknesses but unfortunately I don’t think so

1) Can you get the pill?
2) Can you stop the opposition from getting the pill.

All other considerations flow from here.

We don’t have any rookie spots available unless we delist McKenzie. Don’t forget Hosie has come onto the rookie list.
Oh yeah, forgot about him. Technically I guess we could use the 3rd ND pick on Zurhaar's upgrade and go 39/5 again. Live trading our 4 top-50 picks into 2 better ones could work.

Can't tell if this is your intentional fake news or just being wrong :think:

I'd be giving consideration to dropping young Crocker to the Rookie List in order to have a 4th ND selection, in the hope of landing the next Larkey, Zurhaar or even Brown (who was a late 40s pick from memory). In the half a dozen VFL games I viewed this year, I developed serious reservations about Crocker Junior's ability to defend, win his own ball and actually penetrate the game with ball in hand. Happy to be proven wrong or told otherwise by regular VFL watchers.

I'd be giving consideration to dropping young Crocker to the Rookie List in order to have a 4th ND selection, in the hope of landing the next Larkey, Zurhaar or even Brown (who was a late 40s pick from memory). In the half a dozen VFL games I viewed this year, I developed serious reservations about Crocker Junior's ability to defend, win his own ball and actually penetrate the game with ball in hand. Happy to be proven wrong or told otherwise by regular VFL watchers.
Probably not the thread for it, but I am a keen follower of the VFL thread and I respect those posters who put the effort in to go to the games and provide detailed reports for us living interstate.

The few televised games I saw of Crocker, he did quite well. The Richmond game, in particular, he absolutely pantsed Daniel Rioli and made him look second rate. Other games, he did get well-beaten, but those were usually on the days the whole team was having a stinker.

He's still building match fitness and coming off pre-draft serious injuries, so he's coming from a long way back. I get the sense, from reading poster reports and watching him on the tv screen, that young Crocker is doing very well considering his pre-draft circumstances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The McKenzie contract situation may depend upon if we are thinking of delisting a contracted player and picking them up in the rookie draft to free up list space allowing us to have a selection at our pick 50.

If so we need to free up a rookie list spot to do it.

If I remember correctly, didn’t Tom get injured very early in the season?

Back injuries iirc kept him out of training and any sort of physical activity for most of the year really.

He's never really had a crack at any level, him being delisted would be more of a list space necessity. Which would be unfortunate, I'd like to see what he can do.

Back injuries iirc kept him out of training and any sort of physical activity for most of the year really.

He's never really had a crack at any level, him being delisted would be more of a list space necessity. Which would be unfortunate, I'd like to see what he can do.
He’s also best friends with one of my former colleagues.

fact is you cannot carry to many blokes that hanvnt really proved themselves without forfeiting depth,

Dang. Wonder what his downfall was.

At a guess they suspected his injury issues would keep plaguing him, and we've finally changed course in regards to carrying a half dozen blokes through that kind of thing. Real shame though, I thought he had some pretty good potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back