Past #39: Tom McKenzie - will play for NMFC VFL team

Remove this Banner Ad

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I certainly see merit in this position. I jusr can't help but think that the lads you mentioned - particularly Mountford and Hibberd given their respective dominant State-league seasons - were victims of the Scott/Joyce policy of topping up with C graders, i.e. Ray, Hartung, Morgan, Ahern (i'm sure plenty will disagree) and more recently, Hall and Tyson.
A fine example is Hrovat, very very good vfl player.. however, he played at 2 afl clubs and still cannot cut the mustard. Its a different game, a gun vfl player does not equate to a good afl player, its next level s**t mate..

quit often a mediocre vfl player can be a gun at top level. Its not a “plays good in the vfl then must be okay at afl” doesnt work like that.. or evety club would be filled with vfl BnF’s

Rusty Buckets

Team Captain
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A fine example is Hrovat, very very good vfl player.. however, he played at 2 afl clubs and still cannot cut the mustard. Its a different game, a gun vfl player does not equate to a good afl player, its next level s**t mate..

quit often a mediocre vfl player can be a gun at top level. Its not a “plays good in the vfl then must be okay at afl” doesnt work like that.. or evety club would be filled with vfl BnF’s
Sure, but WTF did Hrovat get three years in the first place?

Hugh Dixon and Tom North (Fremantle), Josh Schoenfeld (Gold Coast), Darren Minchington (Hawthorn) and Tom McKenzie (North Melbourne) are training with the clubs that delisted them.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Good news. Keep fighting Tom.

McKenzie earns VFL spot

Dec 4, 2019 10:18AM

041219_McKenzieLarge.jpg

Tom McKenzie will line up for North Melbourne’s VFL team in 2020.

Drafted to North with pick 10 in the 2018 Rookie Draft, the Northern Knights’ recruit was kept out all but the last game of the season due to a back injury in 2019.

His ability to play across half-back or as an inside midfielder made him an attractive prospect for the Roos’ VFL side.

McKenzie recorded the fastest 20-metre sprint time at the 2018 Draft Combine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Nah then we would need a player watch thread for all vfl list players which we don’t have

You make 4 million posts a year on players we will never have!!!!

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This dude's on the train across from me right now thowing back a beer an discussing how he stopped caring about footy halfway through the year and was just going through the motions for everyone else but not playing to enjoy himself.
Sad how it works out that way for some people, hope he finds what he's looking for

Remove this Banner Ad

Back