Player Watch #39: Trent Mynott - Calf strain, one or two more weeks - 14/5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ant555

The Oracle
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers
And they went of Essendons game summary and their stats have never matched up with the official stats.

I could look at the he footage to find out for sure but I’m too lazy
I trust the VFL stats which are champion data produced.
When you hear one of our VFL support staff telling the new stats man(well stats boy really) how to do the stats before the game you have to wonder how accurate they are going to be.Even more so when he was the only one. You would think in this day and age we could afford to pay a few decent stats people. In some ways the VFL side is run rather poorly.

DERO

NOBODY PUTS BABY IN THE CORNER
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Mitcham FC
I would have thought that footy stats would be very difficult to get right without the benefit of footage which can be paused, rewound etc when necessary etc.

Does the club employ someone to film the reserves?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eDPS

Devon Goods
AFL Club
Essendon
Thread starter #62
Club is genuinely very excited about this kids progress.

Would not be surprised to see a debut for the kid should our seniors season have curtains drawn
Not suprised they are excited, there was a reason I had him as a top 30 prospect pre-draft ;)

Red Black and Blue

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Club is genuinely very excited about this kids progress.

Would not be surprised to see a debut for the kid should our seniors season have curtains drawn
It’s time, got our pants pulled down in the middle. Actually plays a little like Mitchell too. Certainly has more obvious transferable attributes than Clarke and Mutch.

Kakkle

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
It’s time, got our pants pulled down in the middle. Actually plays a little like Mitchell too. Certainly has more obvious transferable attributes than Clarke and Mutch.

I'm a lot more confident in him to make it than Clarke & Mutch.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't think you'd find many that would disagree.
I disagree. Reckon Mutch could easily become a Polec type. He's got a great tank, great size and is a dual sided kick and I reckon will make a great winger in due course. The best part is he is pretty handy at contested ball as well. He would already be playing in our side if Colyer didn't have a permanent license to run around and do very little.

eDPS

Devon Goods
AFL Club
Essendon
Thread starter #69
I disagree. Reckon Mutch could easily become a Polec type. He's got a great tank, great size and is a dual sided kick and I reckon will make a great winger in due course. The best part is he is pretty handy at contested ball as well. He would already be playing in our side if Colyer didn't have a permanent license to run around and do very little.
Polec is Mutch quicker ;)

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Polec is Mutch quicker ;)
Polec isn't exactly lightning but yeah he's a bit quicker. Though I reckon Mutch's extra size and ability in the air gives him a different kind of edge. You don't have to be super quick to be an effective winger, but if you're not you need to find other points of differences like Sidebottom for example who has his elite disposal and tank despite being as slow as a wet week.

One of the things that has won me over is Mutch continually working back into defense and taking marks when down there. Its a really nice attribute to have.

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
More unassuming than Kobe Mutch. Without taking too much notice of the inside game, you look at the post game stats and he has more of it than you think.

Another handy game today with a handy balance of inside and outside game.

eth-dog

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Even though he's not as prolific and didn't get a senior game, I've actually been more impressed by Trent than Dylan Clarke this season

naraku

Team Captain
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
Can we rookie him another season with a view to a senior spot 2020?

Trent, Long, Hind as rookies, maybe one more if possible.

Howard Moon

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
I would have thought that footy stats would be very difficult to get right without the benefit of footage which can be paused, rewound etc when necessary etc.

Does the club employ someone to film the reserves?

watch this its very interesting..

tldr: reckon you need to be a savant to do the stat calling role

Top Bottom