Delisted #39: Trent Mynott - Delisted - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

A guy who has had an incredibly under rated year at VFL level.

Averaging 21 disposals (+2 on '18 average), more kicks (+5), more tackles (+2), more inside 50's (+2) and has equaled his 2018 goals tally (only 7) but in 5 less games.

Obviously behind a few for senior selection but he has the tools to make it at AFL level. Definitely worth persisting with. A big game today against Sandringham and he could put his hand right up in lights for a debut in coming weeks.
Haven't seen much of him. What AFL players does he remind you of?

First one that springs to mind is Richard Douglas in that he is unassuming but then you look back at stats and he's had a far bigger influence on the game than you realise

No where near the running power of Douglas. Douglas was mainly a wingman at least most recently. Mynott is an inside mid, though he's certainly shown glimpses on a forward flank where he's strong over head.

Pretty hard to think of a comparison.

He's a similar player to Dumont, Sewell or Harms. That's the sort of player he reminds me of.

Getting a little worried that he is stagnant I g. He was dominating earlier in the year and for most parts last year. This year his numbers look ok but hardly the impact he was having prior.
Really hope he can come on because he looked such a good prospect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting a little worried that he is stagnant I g. He was dominating earlier in the year and for most parts last year. This year his numbers look ok but hardly the impact he was having prior.
Really hope he can come on because he looked such a good prospect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A few niggling injuries have slowed him down in the back end. Has not been playing as much midfield time because of it.

Delisted according to member email.

The club has made further changes to its list with Zac Clarke, Trent Mynott, Jake Long and Tuth (Tom) Jok informed they will not be offered contracts for the 2020 season.

Drafted to the Club with pick 11 in the 2017 AFL Rookie Draft, Mynott was a consistent performer in the Bombers’ VFL side over 2018 and ’19.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Long lasted so long and we couldn’t give Mynott even close to that many chances is beyond me, think it confirms the club doesn’t think its midfield issues are as bad as everyone else media included seems to think.
Or perhaps they'd seen enough to think he isn't the answer to them?

How much of Long did they need to see?
I don't see how Long is relevant to this honestly. I like Mynott but his second half of the year was poor. That being said I think he's better than Kobe Mutch.

So because we made a mistake with Long we should with Mynott too?

Personally I think he's a little stiff but I'm hoping this means we're going to start making decisive calls earlier going forward.

I agree with this, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. I'd be less frustrated with this decision if Jake wasn't given 5 years to obtain an AFL wage.

Mynott needed a stronger season in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back