Rumour 3AW - rumour Grundy wants back to S.A.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Browne will report next week that Brodie spent an extra day in Adelaide after the match where he met with...

I was on the same flight home as Brodie after the Port game last season, which was a day later than the rest of the team - I think that’s pretty conclusive it’s been in the works for a season already.

Source location: non-Victorian state league football game
Source personal: interstate based Collingwood talent identification agent (not official employee) and two ex-Collingwood listed players.

Premiership comes first - no consideration given to pursuing a move by either party until Collingwood win a flag or the playing group is well outside of considered premiership contention.

He will sign an extension this year.

Have it on first-hand authority from within that he won't be leaving any-time soon.
And why would he - BG is the best ruck in the league for one of the best teams who will be paying him big bucks for a long term contract
They will also be in the mix for flags over the next 5 years whilst the Crows have solid issues throughout the club and a very much ageing top half of list .
Be mad to even contemplate moving back to Adelaide unless he truly is that homesick which is highly doubtful

Whichever scumbag sent Clokey death threats whenever he was in contract negotiations, I ask that you go easy on Brodes. Put down the scissors and glue and your women's day or whichever mag you cut out the alphabet, and give the guy a break. Wouldn't it deter him from re-signing? I wouldn't want to play for a club who's supporters send me death threats. 3AW - Three Antagonistic w***ers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whichever scumbag sent Clokey death threats whenever he was in contract negotiations, I ask that you go easy on Brodes. Put down the scissors and glue and your women's day or whichever mag you cut out the alphabet, and give the guy a break. Wouldn't it deter him from re-signing? I wouldn't want to play for a club who's supporters send me death threats. 3AW - Three Antagonistic w***ers.

It was probably his Dad, all part of the negotiating genius that is David Cloke.

Won't be pick 1, way too high a price for a ruck man I mean look at all the rucks traded over the last 15 years and it's second and third round picks being traded.

Early second + a fringe player like CEY should get that deal over the line

What you smoking mate over their in SA? It would be Pick 1 and then some! Not that it will happen anyway, so the Crows will still have pick 1 come draft day.

Won't be pick 1, way too high a price for a ruck man I mean look at all the rucks traded over the last 15 years and it's second and third round picks being traded.

Early second + a fringe player like CEY should get that deal over the line

How many rucks were legitimately a top 5 player in the league (at age 25, no less) when being traded? There's no recent precedent.

What you smoking mate over their in SA? It would be Pick 1 and then some! Not that it will happen anyway, so the Crows will still have pick 1 come draft day.

We definitely will be going in with pick 1, it would be a waste to spend it on a ruck that had his pants pulled down in the GF by a couple of part timers

How many rucks were legitimately a top 5 player in the league (at age 25, no less) when being traded? There's no recent precedent.

There is no way in hell he is top 5 in the AFL, he isn't even the best ruck in the AFL ffs

We definitely will be going in with pick 1, it would be a waste to spend it on a ruck that had his pants pulled down in the GF by a couple of part timers

There is no way in hell he is top 5 in the AFL, he isn't even the best ruck in the AFL ffs

Start naming the top players in the league right now, and see how long it takes you to get to Grundy.

Equal 7th in the Brownlow last year, All-Australian, club B&F, Herald Sun Player of the Year, and has continued on the same form this year. He's clearly among the top handful of players in footy, and is just now entering his prime. The price to acquire him would rightfully be very steep, both contractually, and at the trade table.

He is clearly the best ruck in the league,most damaging with the ball and can dominate most ruckman. I’d like to hear who is better than him? He would immediately make most teams midfields elite as I believe a lot of the competitions mids can nullify each other to an extent

I believe Adelaides offer to Grundy will dwarf the Buddy deal.
7 years, $12 million. IMO
Source: someone connected to a club that is neither Pies or crows. And it’s also In His Humble Opinion
Doesn’t mean Grundy will take the offer.
The lure of one club player and that club being Collingwood will set up Grundy for life.
Anyway, let’s see how it plays out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back