Rumour 3AW - rumour Grundy wants back to S.A.

Remove this Banner Ad

He actually diminishes the trade value with his contract. But I’m sure St Kilda will prob jump at the chance to recruit him
This.....

Theres definitely a club for him.

I haven't read the thread but surely people see this as the classic Paul Connors play to get the most cash out of Collingwood?

Grundy is ensconsed in the Malbun/Hipster/I'll wear a pair of lensless glasses on my knob if I want to world. He isn't moving back to Adelaide.

Asked about a possible move by the press the other day he said “I can definitely see myself back in Adelaide some time, but for now I’m just focusing on playing good footy”. Not exactly hosing down the speculation.

Grundy will stay.
Bookmark this

Agree he will stay, but must be concerning as to how much he will be getting paid to stay

Would say Collingwood and my club (Richmond) would be pretty close to being tapped out cap wise will be interesting how it plays out over the next few seasons trying to keep young talent

Agree he will stay, but must be concerning as to how much he will be getting paid to stay

Would say Collingwood and my club (Richmond) would be pretty close to being tapped out cap wise will be interesting how it plays out over the next few seasons trying to keep young talent

The following veterans will be out of contract at the end of 2019:

Ben Reid
Daniel Wells
Levi Greenwood
Lynden Dunn
Travis Varcoe
Tyson Goldsack

If they leave or are retained on minimum chips deals, that frees up a lot of cash to retain Grundy and De Goey going forward.

Jamie Elliott and Taylor Adams are out of contract at the end of 2019, and Chris Mayne and Scott Pendlebury and a bunch of others are out of contract at the end of 2020 as well. Restructures for all will help going forward.

Grundy to the Crows
Rowell to the Pies

Everyone is happy cause the Blues give the Pies the best midfielder the game has seen at an underage since Judd

Asked about a possible move by the press the other day he said “I can definitely see myself back in Adelaide some time, but for now I’m just focusing on playing good footy”. Not exactly hosing down the speculation.

"Not exactly hosing down the speculation?" It's classic contract talk.

Wouldn’t wanna give up Rowell for Grundy, the kid is a jet. Pickup Rowell, pump games into ROB, get Grundy for free IF in the very unlikely scenario he doesn’t sign on with the Pies. If Grundy stays we pick up Thilthorpe in the 2020 draft.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Grundy to the Crows
Rowell to the Pies

Everyone is happy cause the Blues give the Pies the best midfielder the game has seen at an underage since Judd
Oh yes, finally a gun midfielder; the missing piece in Collingwood's premiership puzzle :think:

Well done to Carlton for making all of this possible.

I still don't think he'll leave Collingwood at the moment but with Pick 1 hanging around it certainly makes things interesting.

After hearing that comment about his friends and fam there, I predict signing a 3 year contract at Collingwood and then leaving at age 27-28

I take Brode's comments as relocating back to SA post playing career. You would think this new contract will see out his playing career, and he will move onto a career with his other love, Art.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is zero to suggest Grundy wants to move back to SA. Has vague "I've got friends and family there and could see myself moving back there one day" is just playing the game. It is all about squeezing Collingwood with the will he or won't he bullshit. Im sure everybody involved is well aware of this, but maybe, just maybe the Crows make the mother of all Grandfather offers and is simply compelled to take it. Nothing in the Crows DNA suggests that they will, but you just never know.

Wouldn’t wanna give up Rowell for Grundy, the kid is a jet. Pickup Rowell, pump games into ROB, get Grundy for free IF in the very unlikely scenario he doesn’t sign on with the Pies. If Grundy stays we pick up Thilthorpe in the 2020 draft.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You must be the only bloke in the world who wouldn't give up a 17yr old kid, yet to be proven in any-way, up against the games best player in his peak @ age 25.

Logical.

You must be the only bloke in the world who wouldn't give up a 17yr old kid, yet to be proven in any-way, up against the games best player in his peak @ age 25.

Logical.

I dunno champ, I reckon it’s pretty logical to keep pick 1, get a gun kid who’ll (hopefully) be around the club for a long time, then get Grundy for peanuts the following year if he hasn’t resigned with Collingwood. Silver lining of waiting one year is getting games into ROB who is beginning to develop very nicely. Win/win. If Grundy really wants to come home- he might just have to wait a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back