Radio 3AW

Remove this Banner Ad

images (1).png
Dedicated thread for all things AFL and Sport on 3AW. Waiting for the 2024 line-up for 3AW Football.

images (15).jpeg
Also including Wide World of Sport with Sam McClure. Monday - Friday 6pm to 7pm
Guests:
Mon - Matthew Lloyd
Tue - Leigh Matthews
Wed - Matthew Richardson
Thur - Jimmy Bartel

Off the back of the 1116 SEN thread having 23k posts since 2016 I thought I'd start this dedicated 3AW thread. Even though I'm more of an SEN listener I do listen to Wide World Of Sport with Sam McClure each night and prefer it over most SEN programs. Still waiting on the 2024 3AW football lineup which I will include above when I find it. Only the 2022 lineup is listed on their website currently. The 3AW frequency where I am based is 98.1 3HA.

Last edited:
Waiting for the 2024 line-up for 3AW Football.

It was confirmed in Jon Anderson's Sunday Herald Sun column that the callers are unchanged, and can only imagine special comments will be the same or similiar too.

Jacqui Felgate had been helming the Friday pre-game show but that will have to change now she is the AW Drive presenter. Huddo could probably host the slot and then add a journo into the mix, be it Sam McClure or someone else. I'd love for the station to bring back Robbo to the Friday footy preview, he's not everyone's cup of tea but I liked the confrontational-style of that pregame show.

It was confirmed in Jon Anderson's Sunday Herald Sun column that the callers are unchanged, and can only imagine special comments will be the same or similiar too.

Jacqui Felgate had been helming the Friday pre-game show but that will have to change now she is the AW Drive presenter. Huddo could probably host the slot and then add a journo into the mix, be it Sam McClure or someone else. I'd love for the station to bring back Robbo to the Friday footy preview, he's not everyone's cup of tea but I liked the confrontational-style of that pregame show.
Not bad, I could see that for sure. Interesting re, Robbo. He doesn't get too many compliments around here haha but I always liked him on SEN circa 2016 for the afternoon or drive slot. Entertaining especially when dealing with callers. Would be good to see him post game after a few pots. Teeing off on everyone

Felgate never had the gravitas for the big Friday Night Football slot that Healy or Lane have.

Looking forward to another year of Tim Lane and co but I do have to put on record my criticism of the choice of special comments for the Grand Final last year. They went with Lloyd - superb and Bartel - yes he is the new golden boy at 9 but someone with the stature and knowledge of Leigh Matthews should always be there. Nobody has greater credibility as a voice in football imo and we should make the most of him while he still can/wants to work.

I wonder how many more years Lane will do. You can imagine he'd want to be there for Tassie coming in but he'll be glancing across at his former colleague Jim Maxwell and seeing his decline.

I take it KB has unofficially retired due to his family issues.

in that amazing voiceover 3AW IS FOOTBALL (except with McFlog lol)

it's carlton collingwood essendon, sydney, hawthorn, adelaide, ... geelong, west coast, st kilda, fremantle,
north melbourne, brisbane, western bulldogs
-------
something like that. doing it from memory. (Gold Coast and GWS are not invited to the lyrics)
The new version of the tune from last season was awful though! Hopefully it has been canned.

its the game for the game
not the faint of heart
its the game to love right from the very start
blah blah blood
its carton collingwood essendon sydney hawthorn adelaide richmond melbourne geelong west coast st kilda fremantle north melbourne brisbane western bulldogs
something about our game
somthing about the sound of our game
something
runaway train
with AW theres something about it!

..... the best team in town make you feel like youre part of our game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its the game for the game
not the faint of heart
its the game to love right from the very start
blah blah blood
its carton collingwood essendon sydney hawthorn adelaide richmond melbourne geelong west coast st kilda fremantle north melbourne brisbane western bulldogs
something about our game
somthing about the sound of our game
something
runaway train
with AW theres something about it!

..... the best team in town make you feel like youre part of our game
And then they replace 1 team (near the end) with Port Adelaide on the 2nd teams verse.

Also including Wide World of Sport with Sam McClure. Monday - Friday 6pm to 7pm
Guests:
Mon - Matthew Lloyd
Tue - Leigh Matthews
Wed - Matthew Richardson
Thur - Jimmy Bartel

It's a good line-up. The host is hard to like, however.

No-one has mentioned that the First Lady of Football also appears on 3AW; Ms Caroline Wilson. She used to do one of the Sportsday slots up until a few years ago. Hard to imagine that 5AA are paying her more?

It's a good line-up. The host is hard to like, however.

No-one has mentioned that the First Lady of Football also appears on 3AW; Ms Caroline Wilson. She used to do one of the Sportsday slots up until a few years ago. Hard to imagine that 5AA are paying her more?

Didn't Caro also do the arvo shift for time back in the day?

assuming that she didn't start calling herself the FLOF, who came up with that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back