• Australia

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • England

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Squads.
Australia from, Pat Cummins (c), Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa
England from, Jos Buttler, Moeen Ali, Sam Billings, Sam Curran, Liam Dawson, Chris Jordan, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Jason Roy, Phil Salt, Olly Stone, James Vince, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Luke Wood.

Get a loan from the bank and put it all on Australia; England has about as much interest in this series as I have on the under 14s ice hockey in Canada.

Thats so dismal. This stuff used to get 70 thousand Plus.
That was when limited over cricket was still not overplayed and where teams still fielded their full team as much as possible
20 ODI's a year and in holiday season worked a treat.
I'd actually attend tomorrow if I felt one of Cummins and Starc was not rested.

Last edited:
Reckon it’ll be an empty house in the afternoon session. If the weather holds up and it looks like a decent run chase is on the cards, might get a good number of people coming down after work.

Australia last played an ODI in November at the MCG in 2014, vs South Africa.

It was a Friday night, and there was just over 14,000 there.

There was 19,000 vs Sri Lanka in 2010 and just over 20,000 in 1981.

And that's it.

Pretty lousy crowds for the self-appointed sporting capital of Australia.

Reckon it’ll be an empty house in the afternoon session. If the weather holds up and it looks like a decent run chase is on the cards, might get a good number of people coming down after work.
from all those people coming in from the CBD when the offices are barely 50% full?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that's it.

People voting with their feet limited over dime a dozen cricket which doesn't mean anything

15k crowds would represent a financial loss I think. May have to consider moving it away from large stadiums

People voting with their feet limited over dime a dozen cricket which doesn't mean anything

15k crowds would represent a financial loss I think. May have to consider moving it away from large stadiums
That would be the obvious solution.

Why am i get notifications about this thread? Its 3 posts long, ive never been here and ive lost all interest in international cricket like most people.

if the intention was to get me to post here then mission succeeded.
Spoken like a typical geelong supporter. Do any of you do anything but whine?

And that's it.

Crowds are crap across the board in November. Doesn’t matter what the format is or who the opposition is (unless it’s an Ashes test or a T20/ODI series against India).

There is a pretty strong seasonality with Melbourne crowds though, as the table below from the smh shows.

567d0a058ffc65c9a3637977b8093cd1.jpg

The weather's going to need to buck up its ideas a bit. Anything like today and there won't be much play.

Currently 7 degrees 25 mins north of the CBD, this feels like a typical winter cold front going through, rain will be gone by tomorrow afternoon but it will still be cold so crowd probably will struggle to crack 10k tomorrow

Currently 7 degrees 25 mins north of the CBD, this feels like a typical winter cold front going through, rain will be gone by tomorrow afternoon but it will still be cold so crowd probably will struggle to crack 10k tomorrow

It’ll be just like a Perth test match when the sun comes out and everyone complains it’s too hot to attend!

Back