Brisbane Lions
a7bd5dd92757f82aea9de4cc2208712c.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
I see we are going with the Finch and Carey at the top again because you know it’s been a real hit so far....

I would completely change up the order perhaps having Khawaja and Handscomb opening and Stoinis at 3 where I think his batting style is better suited in ODI.

I would open with Maxwell

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
Glad the Lyon experiment is over, he can't bowl in this format. Zampa is a decent ODI bowler. It's a decent team, our middle order is ok, lower order is fine, it's just that our openers haven't fired. Finch needs to go on the attack and be more positive. Carey looks a good player but tends to have a brainfade that gets him out. Good temperment though.

Not playing our best bowlers is stupid. No one else is doing it. We never did it when we were good. They are young professional athletes. They are either injured or they are fit and should be playing. Most ridiculous thing I've seen, Hazlewood and Starc are in poor form and should be playing. Cummings looks really fit. Why hold them back? There's no evidence that this does bowlers any good at all.

Less lose deliveries from the bowlers I hope.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Typical that this is in Melbourne on a rare day that it is raining.

Although I'm confident our light towers will work all day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back