3rd ODI; Australia V India @ the MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Trav got any other shots besides the big slash over slips?
Head like harris is not there for the long haul. Too many wek esses. Labasc maybe, patterson a good chance and pucosk time will tell.

Only good thing batting wise this summer is th e brothers are gone and we have tested a few which might set us up for the future.

Meanwhile, in Indian domestic cricket Pujara still racking up the runs though with the benefit of some dodgy umpiring:

Good to see Indian fans losing their s**t over one of their own.

Meanwhile, in Indian domestic cricket Pujara still racking up the runs though with the benefit of some dodgy umpiring:

Good to see Indian fans losing their s**t over one of their own.

Are Indian umpires all utterly inept or just corrupt? Deadset there has never been a competent Indian ump #totaldisgrace

Yea he was great. Steve dunne I believe IIRC stated Venkat was too scared to keep player behaviour in check and just left it to the other ump. Made heaps of mistakes too. But yea no what a great umpire

Fair point actually about the behaviour side of things.

I can’t remember precisely, but I believe Venkat was the umpire on the end of Michael Slater’s tirade in that test in India where he claimed he caught Dravid but was furious it was given not out.

Dravid himself copped the hairdryer treatment from Slater, who amazingly got away with a warning. Staggering lack of consequence for such petulant behaviour.

Fair point actually about the behaviour side of things.

I can’t remember precisely, but I believe Venkat was the umpire on the end of Michael Slater’s tirade in that test in India where he claimed he caught Dravid but was furious it was given not out.

Dravid himself copped the hairdryer treatment from Slater, who amazingly got away with a warning. Staggering lack of consequence for such petulant behaviour.
100% correct mate. That was Venkat. Didn't matter what nationality the players were he let them sledge each other without getting involved ever. Steve dunne's autobiography goes into pretty big detail about it. Said he was nowhere to be found when the s**t hit the fan leaving the other ump to wade into a confrontation by themselves. Had some good series as a decision maker tho I'll give you that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back