Strategy 3rd or 4th? What would you prefer?

Where would you prefer to finish?

• 3rd

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • 4th

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Magpie Monopoly

A Good Bloke
Jul 11, 2014
Syria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Let me preface these comments by saying I understand that nothing is set in stone, there are 5 rounds left and anything could happen from now till September. I will outline what brought on the question further on.

So after running a few simulations (using https://predictor.squiggle.com.au/), i noticed an interesting trend developing in how the remainder of the season was getting simulated, so i decided to run a set of 50 and see the results. Richmond finished 1st all but once, West Coast finished 2nd all but once, and the Pies finished 3rd 38 times, and 4th remaining 12. Never higher, never lower, and this was the case if we won 14, 15 or 16 games. Feel free to run the simulations yourself, you'll find overwhelmingly you'll get the same results.

So, given this information (and yes i know, as previously stated this doesn't mean a whole lot) what would you prefer, Richmond in the first QF at the MCG, or West Coast in WA?

Both have pro's and con's in my opinion. Richmond arguably a better side, at a ground they haven't lost at in (potentially) a record number of games, but the majority of us Melbourne folks will be able to attend, or West Coast in WA, a weaker side but the majority probably wouldn't be able to attend?

What would you prefer as a Pies fan?

4th because we play in Melbourne instead of Traveling to West or Sydney or Adelaide.

Though we better win that as IF we don't we have to Travel for the PF

Let me preface these comments by saying I understand that nothing is set in stone, there are 5 rounds left and anything could happen from now till September. I will outline what brought on the question further on.

So after running a few simulations (using https://predictor.squiggle.com.au/), i noticed an interesting trend developing in how the remainder of the season was getting simulated, so i decided to run a set of 50 and see the results. Richmond finished 1st all but once, West Coast finished 2nd all but once, and the Pies finished 3rd 38 times, and 4th remaining 12. Never higher, never lower, and this was the case if we won 14, 15 or 16 games. Feel free to run the simulations yourself, you'll find overwhelmingly you'll get the same results.

So, given this information (and yes i know, as previously stated this doesn't mean a whole lot) what would you prefer, Richmond in the first QF at the MCG, or West Coast in WA?

Both have pro's and con's in my opinion. Richmond arguably a better side, at a ground they haven't lost at in (potentially) a record number of games, but the majority of us Melbourne folks will be able to attend, or West Coast in WA, a weaker side but the majority probably wouldn't be able to attend?

I'll let you know at 4:30pm on Saturday!

I'd be more concerned/worried about playing WC in Perth than Richmond at the G...

• Banned
We would have to win every game.
We have to hope WCE lose to North in Tasmania, Port in Adelaide or Melbourne in Perth.

They have 3 tough games.
I got us there on 16 wins and West Coast on 16, us getting to 16 seems very plausible, however West Coast only winning 16 games seems unlikely

4th, it might be the only chance we get to see a Collingwood vs Richmond final in a long time. I also reckon we're more likely to beat Richmond than West Coast in Perth. We'll finish third though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus side either way. We get a taste of the new W.A stadium against freo. Not a bad pre warm up if we face the eagles in the first final.

I feel like if we can pinch 3rd or 4th, we are the team going into the finals from the top 4 with absolute zero pressure on us. Anything is a bonus.

Love to see the Richmond faces when the pressure mounts and they are down to a young pies team in the first final and are forced to travel at the very least in the prelim.

Back