Strategy 3rd or 4th? What would you prefer?

Where would you prefer to finish?

• 3rd

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • 4th

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be a choke if they didn't. They are in prime position to finish 1st.
Agree the Tigers are in prime position, despite being only ahead of the Eagles on percentage. I guess the question here is ‘Richmond or Eagles in Week One?’

I don't think it matters. Reckon were about the same chance to win either, and if we lose we'll probably face the opposite fixture in the prelim.
Just win enough to bring us the Cup boys.
Or win them all, that would do as well.
Go 'Pies.

Higher the better.

Then just win.

Never get scared :)

I just did a ladder prediction and came up with the following (assuming a 20 point margin in all games).

20180725_202929.jpg
20180725_203703.jpg
I think that's the best outcome for us in terms of the four, if we're assuming Richmond and WCE finish 1 and 2.

We travel better than anyone and would give WCE a shake in Perth I reckon. Also, with GWS having what in my view is the best list in the league, with their form I think they would push Richmond wherever they play.

We will need to beat Richmond at the G at some stage if we want to win the flag, and if can pull off a win in Perth, best to play the Tiges following a week's rest. Also, if we lose and Richmond win in round 1 of the finals, as most would predict, it means, if we make it, that we would play our prelim at the G and not in Perth. It would be very difficult to play the GF having played in Perth the week before.

But obvs, let's just finish top 2!

Last edited:
With our lack of key defenders, we are probably a better chance against the Tigers despite them being a better side than West Coast. So 4th, I guess.

I actually think that Richmond would be the easier game especially given we would be playing in Melbourne.
West Coast are much tougher to beat in the west assuming that Kennedy and McGovern are playing, We appear to match up better against Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let the cards fall as they may.
If we are good enough we will sweep all before us, if not it was a hell of a good lead up to the 2019 Flag.

4th imo. West coast over at optus would be a brutal task. And not to mention the travel too. 4th would mean we play the Tigers at the g which is our home ground.

6-1 in finals against West coke. I’d fancy our chances, especially considering we played pretty poorly against them a couple of weeks back. Add cox, trelaor and Elliot to this squad and we are going to be a serious contender this year.

Keep in mind we might also get back aish and, miraculously, gold sack.

We have about 5-10% improvement left in us. Richmond and west coke are at about full capacity.... of all contenders I see us having the most improvement left in them.

3rd. Wouldn't mind an interstate trip to witness some salty tears from Port or West Coast supporters.

6-1 in finals against West coke. I’d fancy our chances, especially considering we played pretty poorly against them a couple of weeks back. Add cox, trelaor and Elliot to this squad and we are going to be a serious contender this year.

Keep in mind we might also get back aish and, miraculously, gold sack.

We have about 5-10% improvement left in us. Richmond and west coke are at about full capacity.... of all contenders I see us having the most improvement left in them.

I wouldn't be so keen to discount GWS and Melbourne.

I wouldn't be so keen to discount GWS and Melbourne.

I’m not discounting them. I just think the top 3 are, at this stage, the prime contenders.

GWS is definitely my biggest worry outside of Richmond and west coast.

Melbourne are another year away from becoming a serious contender -and if and when they do, they’ll be a scary proposition.

Back