Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone saying ONLY AT NORTH (sooking dogs you are) should have a look at how Mick Hurley is travelling up the road with an infection.

Weak pricks.

It happens. It is sh*t luck.
Yeah, this. I find injuries to be the topic that people get the weirdest about around here.

I mean, yeah, there is an S&C and prevention management aspect to it, but I also think a lot of people underestimate how much it's just down to sheer luck and a person's individual biological make up as well. Also, just because we're fans or members it absolutely doesn't entitle us to be fed every detail or even most of the details about players' medical diagnoses, prognoses, and other private medical details. Generally speaking, if something is TBC there's a good reason why that's the case.

Everyone saying ONLY AT NORTH (sooking dogs you are) should have a look at how Mick Hurley is travelling up the road with an infection.

Weak pricks.

It happens. It is sh*t luck.

Really frustrated at our bad luck. However, that pales in comparison to what Aiden must be going through.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Antibiotic resistance is a massive issue. It wasn't that long ago what we call today 'a simple infection' killed millions. They have a class of antibiotics reserved for extreme cases/last resort but even then they are not always successful. Super bugs are increasing. A basic surgery could soon become a significant risk. Having said all that there are some promising new treatments under development.

Hopefully Aidan sees some improvement soon. Wishing him well.

Antibiotic resistance is a massive issue. It wasn't that long ago what we call today 'a simple infection' killed millions. They have a class of antibiotics reserved for extreme cases/last resort but even then they are not always successful. Super bugs are increasing. A basic surgery could soon become a significant risk. Having said all that there are some promising new treatments under development.

Hopefully Aidan sees some improvement soon. Wishing him well.
Doesn't need to be Antibiotic resistance.
I cut my shin at Christmas and it got infected, by new years I couldn't walk and had to lie down or suffer massively painful pressure feeling in the leg.
It took two rounds of antibiotics to kill off the infection and it left a 20 cent piece sized hole in my shin, which has only now healed.
If Aidan has lost his toenail it might be a few months before he plays again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cut my shin at Christmas and it got infected, by new years I couldn't walk and had to lie down or suffer massively painful pressure feeling in the leg.
It took two rounds of antibiotics to kill off the infection and it left a 20 cent piece sized hole in my shin, which has only now healed.
Some suggestion that is season ending. Hope not but typical of our luck this year. Lets all hope he is doing better than the rumours.

The talk is he'll be out for the season as posted by scottywiper .

Good to read your shin has healed up. And yep, lots of complicating factors. Infections can be very nasty.

Rumblings around that he will be back in two weeks whilst others saying it's the season for him. Hope the club updates us soon. Can't wait to have him back.
Some say 2 weeks, some say season. Sounds to me like they are agreeing with each other :stern look

The problem is that 24 hours later he's stuck in that position unable to stand up.

Heh.......................you very well know that he'll be stuck in that position for the rest of his life! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back