Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

No, because no one other than the people that need to know have any right to the knowledge of any private medical details other than what they choose to reveal. It's as simple as that.

The private information of what kind of bacteria he had on his foot that is so difficult to treat?

Aidan Corr has taken a large step forward in his recovery from a toe infection, entering into an over ground running program as he looks to return to the field.

After picking the infection up following the Round 2 clash with Gold Coast, getting rid of it proved to be troublesome for the defender, however he looks to be well on the mend.

Rawlings says the club has always taken a health mentality while rehabilitating Corr from the issue.

“The infection is clearing up really well. From a health point of view that’s a really good sign,” he said.

“We’re just starting to progress him to running over the ground at the moment. He completed a running session yesterday at training and seems to have pulled up really well from that.

“It’ll just be a gradual progression given how much he’s missed, but from a health and movement point of view he’s ticking a few boxes which is really good.”

Thank * it's not an underground running program...

The private information of what kind of bacteria he had on his foot that is so difficult to treat?

If he wants to keep it confidential he has every right to. Do everyone a favour and stfu.

Aidan Corr has taken a large step forward in his recovery from a toe infection, entering into an over ground running program as he looks to return to the field.

After picking the infection up following the Round 2 clash with Gold Coast, getting rid of it proved to be troublesome for the defender, however he looks to be well on the mend.

Rawlings says the club has always taken a health mentality while rehabilitating Corr from the issue.

“The infection is clearing up really well. From a health point of view that’s a really good sign,” he said.

“We’re just starting to progress him to running over the ground at the moment. He completed a running session yesterday at training and seems to have pulled up really well from that.

“It’ll just be a gradual progression given how much he’s missed, but from a health and movement point of view he’s ticking a few boxes which is really good.”

lol the club is going with toe infection again? They said it wasn't the toe in May.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would them naming it change anything? If it was all bullshit they it would just be another lie.

I understand your angst and suspicions but I think Occam's Razor is on the money: He's just got a bad infection and the media aren't asking questions because they haven't given it a second thought, let alone a first thought.

lol the club is going with toe infection again? They said it wasn't the toe in May.
It's never changed. Where was this mentioned?

Here are the two videos from Brady which both mention infections:

If he wants to keep it confidential he has every right to. Do everyone a favour and stfu.

We are talking about a bacteria, not an STD, what is confidential about it? The club keeps talking about it, vaguely.

This is a footy forum, we talk about everything related to football, including injuries. If and when a player asks for privacy to deal with a matter, everyone generally does so, like when Ryder wanted some time/privacy to deal with an issue. Corr hasn't made that request and the club keeps talking about Corr's injury.

I am just curious if it is a legitimate bacterial issue what the club has been doing to protect the other players because our player management is the worst of any club by the length of the Flemington straight and I am now wondering if the current people employed are as incompetent as the previous people we fired not that long ago. As a club we can't keep players on the field and when they go down it takes us forever to get them back on the park.

Would them naming it change anything? If it was all bullshit they it would just be another lie.

I understand your angst and suspicions but I think Occam's Razor is on the money: He's just got a bad infection and the media aren't asking questions because they haven't given it a second thought, let alone a first thought.

Would it? Who knows? It would depend on what it is and what kind of threat it would be not just to Corr but other players.

I mean, when someone does an ACL they don't just say someone has a knee injury. We go into pretty graphic detail, was at a snap, did it come off the bone, what type of surgery, how long the recovery, we post videos when they go on a treadmill for the first time.

It is bizarre to me to just not give a s**t about a bacterial related injury. Not just from the lemmings here, but from the entire media as well. Unusually someone gives a s**t to ask dumb questions.

We are talking about a bacteria, not an STD, what is confidential about it? The club keeps talking about it, vaguely.

This is a footy forum, we talk about everything related to football, including injuries. If and when a player asks for privacy to deal with a matter, everyone generally does so, like when Ryder wanted some time/privacy to deal with an issue. Corr hasn't made that request and the club keeps talking about Corr's injury.

I am just curious if it is a legitimate bacterial issue what the club has been doing to protect the other players because our player management is the worst of any club by the length of the Flemington straight and I am now wondering if the current people employed are as incompetent as the previous people we fired not that long ago. As a club we can't keep players on the field and when they go down it takes us forever to get them back on the park.

Just because you don’t see it as one way doesn’t mean another sees it the same way as you. If he doesn’t want it to be publicised so be it. The club will provide an update soon.

Just because he hasn’t made a statement saying he wants his injury to be private, it doesn’t mean you can continuously speculate on it and to try to shift that into a malicious way.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

travelli

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would it? Who knows? It would depend on what it is and what kind of threat it would be not just to Corr but other players.

I mean, when someone does an ACL they don't just say someone has a knee injury. We go into pretty graphic detail, was at a snap, did it come off the bone, what type of surgery, how long the recovery, we post videos when they go on a treadmill for the first time.

It is bizarre to me to just not give a sh*t about a bacterial related injury. Not just from the lemmings here, but from the entire media as well. Unusually someone gives a sh*t to ask dumb questions.
Could be a public health education opportunity.

I live in Cairns and last floods a bloke I know got Leptospirosis, a bacteria that lies under the soil and comes to the surface after rain. Anyway he had to go to hospital and was fkd for weeks. Only through sharing the injury did I learn about Leptospirosis.

Don't walk around in flooded water people!

It's never changed. Where was this mentioned?

Here are the two videos from Brady which both mention infections:

"The infection has come through some cracked skin on Aidan’s foot, and has gone into his toe which he had an issue with in round one. So it’s not directly related to the toe injury per se.”

Yeah, that is my bad, I read it last night and I missed the part that the infection went to his toe.

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really?

Care to explain to us how 'Medical in Confidence' doesn't apply to any football player, because you want to know?

Care to explain how a doctor must break his oath, because you want to know?

Care to explain how a players' common law rights are removed, because you want to know?

The sense of entitlement that people like you have because they CHOOSE to become a member of a sporting organisation is astounding.

I have a right to know? No you don't.
Members or health professionals can mount a legal challenge if a player has reacted poorly to medical treatment in life-threatening circumstances.

If the legal position of consent isn’t clear, or if there is a dispute about treatment, the court can make a decision based on the ‘best interests’ of the club members.

Health professionals will encourage the player to talk to you (the member). You’ll always be contacted if a health professional thinks your player isn’t mature enough to consent to their own treatment.

Rule 18.3.1

Could be a public health education opportunity.

I live in Cairns and last floods a bloke I know got Leptospirosis, a bacteria that lies under the soil and comes to the surface after rain. Anyway he had to go to hospital and was fkd for weeks. Only through sharing the injury did I learn about Leptospirosis.

Don't walk around in flooded water people!

It is of public interest... assuming it is not of a personal/private nature. I had a tree break the skin on my leg brushing past it last year and I got a really nasty skin infection which was difficult to get rid of, broad spectrum antibacterial didn't do s**t so GP had to biopsy it and got a treatment that worked against it. Once you match the treatment for the bacteria, the process is usually quite quick, on average it takes 10 days and this is for the average punter. A footballer is in their prime physically, the sports scientists have them jacked up with every supplement that is legal, when they usually get something they bounce back incredibly quickly.

It is why it is of interest when there is something that knocks a player out for 4 months. There are some really nasty bacteria out there and a lot of them can kill even people in immaculate health, if some get into the bloodstream you can keel over pretty quickly.

Just because you don’t see it as one way doesn’t mean another sees it the same way as you. If he doesn’t want it to be publicised so be it. The club will provide an update soon.

Just because he hasn’t made a statement saying he wants his injury to be private, it doesn’t mean you can continuously speculate on it and to try to shift that into a malicious way.

Seriously, this is a footy forum and you don't expect people to speculate what is going on when someone has been out flat for 4 months for an injury which is typically a two week recovery?

If he wants special treatment then the club better ask for privacy because he is a public figure and you don't get the normal privacy as a public figure. If people aren't happy with that then they can choose to not be AFL footballers.

Seriously, this is a footy forum and you don't expect people to speculate what is going on when someone has been out flat for 4 months for an injury which is typically a two week recovery?

If he wants special treatment then the club better ask for privacy/respect of privacy because he is a public figure and you don't get the normal privacy as a public figure. If people aren't happy with that then they can choose to not be AFL footballers.

I never said you couldn’t speculate.

Not everyone recovers the same from infections, that’s what you have to understand.

Just because he is a professional footballer doesn’t mean you have the right to not be respectful.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne

If he wants special treatment then the club better ask for privacy because he is a public figure and you don't get the normal privacy as a public figure. If people aren't happy with that then they can choose to not be AFL footballers.
You arent speculating, you are rambling.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

travelli

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It is of public interest... assuming it is not of a personal/private nature. I had a tree break the skin on my leg brushing past it last year and I got a really nasty skin infection which was difficult to get rid of, broad spectrum antibacterial didn't do sh*t so GP had to biopsy it and got a treatment that worked against it. Once you match the treatment for the bacteria, the process is usually quite quick, on average it takes 10 days and this is for the average punter. A footballer is in their prime physically, the sports scientists have them jacked up with every supplement that is legal, when they usually get something they bounce back incredibly quickly.

It is why it is of interest when there is something that knocks a player out for 4 months. There are some really nasty bacteria out there and a lot of them can kill even people in immaculate health, if some get into the bloodstream you can keel over pretty quickly.
Absolutely. There is creepy stuff out there. That's why I fully accept that a toe infection could take months to get over. I do agree though, it wouldn't hurt for the club to do a little more for the long term injured players, maybe with a photo of the guy grinning with his thumbs up. They are our guys. We worry about them. We love them. Today's story was fine, it's great news he is back out there running.

It was actually Melioidosis that my pal had, not Leptospirosis. Very nasty. Takes three months to treat and even then you may not ever fully recover. The kooky infections in FNQ are a b!tch

Absolutely. There is creepy stuff out there. That's why I fully accept that a toe infection could take months to get over. I do agree though, it wouldn't hurt for the club to do a little more for the long term injured players, maybe with a photo of the guy grinning with his thumbs up. They are our guys. We worry about them. We love them. Today's story was fine, it's great news he is back out there running.

It was actually Melioidosis that my pal had, not Leptospirosis. Very nasty. Takes three months to treat and even then you may not ever fully recover. The kooky infections in FNQ are a b!tch

I don't know how people live up north, it is like landing on a foreign planet, that wants to kill you.

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
it wouldn't hurt for the club to do a little more for the long term injured players, maybe with a photo of the guy grinning with his thumbs up. They are our guys. We worry about them. We love them. Today's story was fine, it's great news he is back out there running.
That sort of thing can't always be trusted...

images

I never said you couldn’t speculate.

Not everyone recovers the same from infections, that’s what you have to understand.

Just because he is a professional footballer doesn’t mean you have the right to not be respectful.

How is it not respectful? That I think it could have been something else given the lack of information by the club and zero interest by the media to ask any questions about it? Given clubs usually make a statement when something is of a private matter and our club hasn't, then why should we assume it is or should be treated any differently?

Whatever the injury it doesn't really matter, an injury is an injury be it a broken bone, a ligament, bacteria or whatever. The only thing i care about is how long someone is out for and when they are available to play next. I just don't want us to be incompetent in player management, because he got injured in round 1, we put him back on the park, then played him again the week after and he has been down ever since.

Injuries and the recovery process is generally a public interest thing. We put out a video on a two game player who did his first treadmill run post ACL recovery. We have interviewed/had videos of players in hospital before. Dealing with injuries is part of the game.

It should be of public interest to supporters what kind of bacteria knocked Corr around so badly and what, if any, risks there are for other players, how we manage the health and safety of our players. Our supporters should have genuine concerns about our player management, we are top of the ladder for games missed and we have been on top of the ladder for a number of years. We are either the unluckiest club in history of the game or we are doing things badly and it is hard to assess how badly we handle things when we don't know if we are managing player injuries as well as other clubs or not.

The reason we have got to the point we are because it has been a running joke for years when it comes to what our club says about our players injuries, and how long it will take to recover, and the actual results. But, it is not a laughing matter for players who have their career killed off due to their inability to stay on the park. What players suffer from and how they are managed matters a lot in this sport.

Back