Status
Not open for further replies.

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
(I wouldn't dare to mention this on the MB) but right now based on everything you know and with where they both seem to be at - would you take Wattsy ahead of NicNat still?
SEN (Plough and Andy Maher albeit) while doing their round 14 previews both said they'd prefer Watts and I tend to agree.
It's important to remember that Watts was drafted and developed in arguably the worst team of all time. Nic Nat, would've struggled as well & he would have ****ed off home at the first chance. Hurley is the best player from that draft but I'm more than happy with Watts.

(I wouldn't dare to mention this on the MB) but right now based on everything you know and with where they both seem to be at - would you take Wattsy ahead of NicNat still?
SEN (Plough and Andy Maher albeit) while doing their round 14 previews both said they'd prefer Watts and I tend to agree.
Is this a piss take Sando22 ? Watts easily and I've never really wavered on that for a multitude of reasons. NicNat has never been as good as the inevitable media hype after he strings three strong games together tries to exclaim. Powerful player for sure and capable of some amazing s**t, but it's the flashy stuff that gets woven into discussions of his talent that tends to give people the impression that he's dominated the game when he's been fit. He hasn't. Although he has had a few very dominant games and few periods where he's strung good games together, no doubt.

Is this a piss take Sando22 ? Watts easily and I've never really wavered on that for a multitude of reasons. NicNat has never been as good as the inevitable media hype after he strings three strong games together tries to exclaim. Powerful player for sure and capable of some amazing s**t, but it's the flashy stuff that gets woven into discussions of his talent that tends to give people the impression that he's dominated the game when he's been fit. He hasn't. Although he has had a few very dominant games and few periods where he's strung good games together, no doubt.
Hahaha nah I couldn't agree more.
There'd be many though who don't watch as closely as us dees fans who would completely disagree.
One because they refuse to believe Watts has moved passed the joke he started out and two because the spectacular thing (although few and far between) NicNat does just stick in the memory.
I've got Watts streets ahead.
Setting aside the obvious "he'd probably go home after 2-3 years" argument, I'm more meaning just the football players they are.
Imagine the bending over you'd cop if this came up on the MB!

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I completely own my overwhelming bias, but I've had Watts ahead for a few years, with the gap lengthening with each game. Even when he wasn't getting the kind of numbers, or consistently slotting the clutch goals that he is now, he was still such a smart footballer, one that largely suffered from perception, and playing in a team of idiots (from a footy smarts point of view at a minimum)

He's building a really good reputation now, even if most oppo supporters can't seem to accept what sort of player he has become.

Also important to note, he's actually pretty close to a year younger than NicNat

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Ruled himself out of next week just now on Foxtel.
So you can probably assume when he trained last Thurs to prove his fitness for last week, he just made it worse.

That sucks, might be a silver lining for him to get a good freshen up for the latter stages of the season tho, given the load he had early.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
So you can probably assume when he trained last Thurs to prove his fitness for last week, he just made it worse.

That sucks, might be a silver lining for him to get a good freshen up for the latter stages of the season tho, given the load he had early.

That's what I'm thinking too, I reckon he aggravated it last week so at a wild guess I'd say he'll miss 1-2 more games after we play Carlton.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Random thought... remember when Jack dropped himself? Geez he has come along way
I thought about that last night when they were talking about Myers (I think?) dropping himself to get some form.

Jack has pretty much just gotten better and better ever since ... remember the media hysteria at the time!

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I thought about that last night when they were talking about Myers (I think?) dropping himself to get some form.

Jack has pretty much just gotten better and better ever since ... remember the media hysteria at the time!
No big deal when David Myers does it, but when Jack Watts does it- OMG what a pea heart.

Naitanui is the better player and will have had the better career, but Watts is invaluable in a good side that already has the only better ruck than NN. Its been so long, it doesn't even matter. We'd be spewing if Roos hadn't helped Watts turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back