No Oppo Supporters Jack Watts - Traded to PA for pick 31, Thanks Jack

Jack Watts?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Weid had 15 touches 4 marks and kicked 2 and was able to sustain form like that for the rest of the year the argument to let Watts go might have some merit. But he came on and still looked completely off the pace, and until he can find some consistent reasonable form Watts will always be a better choice.

If Weid had 15 touches 4 marks and kicked 2 and was able to sustain form like that for the rest of the year the argument to let Watts go might have some merit. But he came on and still looked completely off the pace, and until he can find some consistent reasonable form Watts will always be a better choice.
Exactly

Is he though? I mean his best footy is better than 90% of our list but I'm not sure how his lack of defensive efforts would go in a final. Also what did you cop a ban for?
Had a big week at uni so requested some time off haha.

You don't go into a final with a player of Jack's talent sitting in the stands. Especially when he's shown his clutch capabilities on a number of occasions this year. I'll be surprised if we make it and he doesn't play. Which isn't to say I'll be surprised if he underperforms

You don't go into a final with a player of Jack's talent sitting in the stands. Especially when he's shown his clutch capabilities on a number of occasions this year. I'll be surprised if we make it and he doesn't play. Which isn't to say I'll be surprised if he underperforms

You don't go into your must-win last few games with a player of "Jack's talent" sitting in the stands either, and yet here we are. If you could guarantee that the good Watts would show up, he absolutely would be in, but I think there's as much chance of him being completely anonymous as there is of him being one of our better players. Given he's such a confidence player, it's hard to pick him without seeing something resembling good form from him.

Had a big week at uni so requested some time off haha.

These last 3 games dont mean anything then?

You don't go into your must-win last few games with a player of "Jack's talent" sitting in the stands either, and yet here we are. If you could guarantee that the good Watts would show up, he absolutely would be in, but I think there's as much chance of him being completely anonymous as there is of him being one of our better players. Given he's such a confidence player, it's hard to pick him without seeing something resembling good form from him.

It depends.

Stringer was dropped nearish to finals last year wasn't he?

Some players will lift for finals regardless, some will need form - we haven't been in this position before so probably best to pick on form!

When I'm sad I think about Watts holding up the Premiership Cup with a Norm Smith around his neck and I feel happy again.

I'd trust Watts in a final more than I'd trust whichever player it was that fluked a half decent game against the Saints.

He's got credits in the bank.

It depends.

Stringer was dropped nearish to finals last year wasn't he?

Some players will lift for finals regardless, some will need form - we haven't been in this position before so probably best to pick on form!
I don't recall Stringer doing anything worth while in the finals except for kicking a goal in the GF

I don't recall Stringer doing anything worth while in the finals except for kicking a goal in the GF

Yeah, that was just a comparison but he had some good moments as an impact player.

These last 3 games dont mean anything then?
You can't expect all of your players to be in good form going into a final - Watts' excellent season prior to his injury speaks more to his ability to impact a final than a few games more than a month out from said final does. They'll definitely play him if we make it - as good as Harmes (as one example) was on the weekend he's played more poor games this year than Watts has, it's just that Jack's poor form is highlighted more

Yeah, that was just a comparison but he had some good moments as an impact player.
I know, i'm just still coming to terms that he's a premiership player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't expect all of your players to be in good form going into a final - Watts' excellent season prior to his injury speaks more to his ability to impact a final than a few games more than a month out from said final does. They'll definitely play him if we make it - as good as Harmes (as one example) was on the weekend he's played more poor games this year than Watts has, it's just that Jack's poor form is highlighted more

Also Watts has played over 100 more games than Harmes.

Yep. Better for the side that everyone has earned and continues to justify their position.

Yep. Better for the side that everyone has earned and continues to justify their position.
Watts has more than earned his selection lol, he's had a great last two years. Goodwin is a professional, he's not going into a final with a forward-line composed of a half fit Hogan and Pedersen (who's only really played the one good game forward with Gawn in the side) when Watts is right there. The exception of course is if Watts has gone back to Casey and failed to do all the things they've asked of him, but I think that's unlikely

Excellent season is way over the top
Had 20 goals in 12 games. He had a decent season at best and then played 3 shithouse games. He's not Buddy Franklin. He has 3 weeks to earn his spot back or else he will be in the reserves come final 1

Watts has more than earned his selection lol, he's had a great last two years. Goodwin is a professional, he's not going into a final with a forward-line composed of a half fit Hogan and Pedersen (who's only really played the one good game forward with Gawn in the side) when Watts is right there. The exception of course is if Watts has gone back to Casey and failed to do all the things they've asked of him, but I think that's unlikely

Watts' last season and a half keep getting better and better...

Watts' last season and a half keep getting better and better...

Goody had a pretty high opinion of his form recently mate - objective of course, but when a coach says you were in his top 3 players before injury its generally a good thing

Tbh the game this week would be perfect for Watts to get some touches and snag a few.

I honestly think he is done in Goodwin's eyes unfortunately.

Excellent season is way over the top
Had 20 goals in 12 games. He had a decent season at best and then played 3 shithouse games. He's not Buddy Franklin. He has 3 weeks to earn his spot back or else he will be in the reserves come final 1
I guess we'll see, won't we. More than happy to eat my words if he doesn't play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back