No Oppo Supporters Jack Watts - Traded to PA for pick 31, Thanks Jack

Jack Watts?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

To think Neeld wanted to get rid of him for a 2nd round pick :drunk:
It's bloody shuddering to think that goose was employed as a senior coach.
Got my mate Garry 'Dollars' Lyon to blame for that sh*t.

It's bloody shuddering to think that goose was employed as a senior coach.
Got my mate Garry 'Dollars' Lyon to blame for that sh*t.

I think the unfortunate thing is we used Malthouse and Lyon who are very old school coaches ( lyon apparently gave some all time great sprays teaching the under age kids and international rules teams ) whilst the rest of the footy industry was moving towards a more nurturing approach

Its funny but im starting to think that if Bailey had better resources around him we could have already played finals by now, his gamestyle is the one being used now

I think the unfortunate thing is we used Malthouse and Lyon who are very old school coaches ( lyon apparently gave some all time great sprays teaching the under age kids and international rules teams ) whilst the rest of the footy industry was moving towards a more nurturing approach

Its funny but im starting to think that if Bailey had better resources around him we could have already played finals by now, his gamestyle is the one being used now
Nope. Even assuming Bails was extended, the combo of the tanking thing and his cancer would have just delayed the inevitable. The disaster at board/administration level would have festered and lead to collapse.

Nope. Even assuming Bails was extended, the combo of the tanking thing and his cancer would have just delayed the inevitable. The disaster at board/administration level would have festered and lead to collapse.

I wasnt meaning in that way, ment more if we went back to 2010 and gave him McCartney and Jackson as well as Taylor then I Bails might have made a better fist of it

I actually think he's probably the best kick in the league, if not he's in the conversation. There's definitely no one at Melbourne I'd rather have with ball in hand whether taking a shot, putting it inside 50, or moving it out of defence.
Said similar myself in the GBF thread last week. I do reckon he might be the best kick in the comp.

Dear Jack

I apologise. I was one of those that didn't really think you would make it as a player of any great standing. I only had you ranked a shade better than the Toump to be honest. Early games this year didn't really change my mind. BUT... you have proved me wrong. You have proved yourself to be ranked amongst the games best this year (early games aside)

I played footy with a bloke who was so naturally gifted as an athlete but never did he go on to achieve what he was capable of because he just didn't work as hard as he could have. That pissed me off because I had to bust my arse to make a senior side yet he could just cruise and would be first picked. I suppose it was a hangover from those days that I resented you not achieving what you could.

Kudos to you mate and once again, sorry!!!

Dear Jack

I apologise. I was one of those that didn't really think you would make it as a player of any great standing. I only had you ranked a shade better than the Toump to be honest. Early games this year didn't really change my mind. BUT... you have proved me wrong. You have proved yourself to be ranked amongst the games best this year (early games aside)

I played footy with a bloke who was so naturally gifted as an athlete but never did he go on to achieve what he was capable of because he just didn't work as hard as he could have. That pissed me off because I had to bust my arse to make a senior side yet he could just cruise and would be first picked. I suppose it was a hangover from those days that I resented you not achieving what you could.

Kudos to you mate and once again, sorry!!!
Thanks mate

(Now I'm channeling Watts in an attempt to remove the weirdness from these threads)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasnt meaning in that way, ment more if we went back to 2010 and gave him McCartney and Jackson as well as Taylor then I Bails might have made a better fist of it
Than Neeld? Warwick Capper would've done less damage than Neeld.

I think this guy deserves a bump and be commended on his season. Not only has he been excellent this year he has also added rucking to his game. I must admit that I was iffy seeing him in the ruck. By the end of the season, I was completely comfortable with Watts giving Max a chop out and thought it worked well.

Remember the crap Jack Watts was taking a few years ago - but now what a great result - he is a gun. Skills never in question but hardness was a problem when he was younger. Now he has some confidence in his body and even comes back with some push and shove with opponents who think he is a soft touch. Good on you Jack but please MFC don't risk his body with too much time in the ruck.

Just wanted to say I have always been a fan of Wattys. I noticed the perception of Jack from supporters is either some people absolutely love him and rate him (like myself ) or think he's a dud, but it wasnt until after the win (I was at a black tie ball with a Melbourne Tie on), after the win v Hawthorne that a mate turned around to me and said" I never thought I would say this, but Jack Watts has actually turned into a good footballer".

Jack finishing 5th in Melbourne's vote count doesn't do his season Justice. I know i don't get on here and give my votes after every game like some of your here but personally I thought his season was much better than his Club Votes suggest. I mean i know he was more consistent than any other year he has put up. He kicked more goals thats for sure. I thought he would of finished 3rd behind Gawn (at 1) and Viney (2). His game against Collingwood the first time we played them was pretty good, he almost best on, Had 4 Goals by the end of the first half (unfortunately didn't get anymore that day.) Next game Vs Richmond he kicked 3 (Rance should gotten a report worth 3). His Game aganst the Gold Coast at the G was Best on. What a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back