Past Bryce Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

I loved the 'Goodes' game early on his career. A kid playing on one of the games greats and Gibbs pantsed him.

Maybe has not developed into the absolute superstar some hoped / expected, but he has played consistent, high level football for a long time. He was awarded 15 brownlow votes in his third season, when he would have been 20yo.

Has stepped up a gear since 2014, possibly more a result of being 'released' more than anything.

Can look laconic on the field sometimes, but I think that's because he's a thinker rather than an impulse player. Contradiction notwithstanding, loving the more aggressive Gibbs in the last couple of years!

Love Bryce, have from day one. Beautifully balanced footballer with natural ability, first class skill and a foot that hurts the opposition.
Have enjoyed watching his first 199 games, looking forward to his 200th and can't wait for the next 100 after that...

Congratulations Bryce Gibbs.

Class and skill. Love this video.

Loves a goal. I liked the 3rd or 4th one where he's running to the 50 with a couple of bounces and signals for the forward to come out and lead. He was always going for goal and just wanted the square vacated.

After seeing the feedback to Ryan Buckland's most recent Carlton article, I thought I'd just jump on Twitter quickly and see if there has been a similar response to the last article (there hasn't), but what i did notice is a comment that he made about Gibbs and his forthcoming 200th.
He said that as far as he can tell, Gibbs has so far played 199 out of a possible 215 games.
That's a bloody good strike rate, and I would imagine that last year's pec injury was probably his biggest lay off.

Loves a goal. I liked the 3rd or 4th one where he's running to the 50 with a couple of bounces and signals for the forward to come out and lead. He was always going for goal and just wanted the square vacated.

You also see another player who could have put on a shepherd but let the player run right past him and almost get Gibbs. Then you see the scoreboard and remember how bad we have been the last few years.

Clever ,Silky smooth and had to change his game style once Juddy and Carrots left to become an inside mid. When he is at his best a very damaging midfielder. Hopefully as we get better as a team he can reap the benefits and get a premiership as the cream on the top not the grunt inside. Well done Bryce on 200. Here's to 100 more.:thumbsu:

Even though he had a quiet last couple of weeks, one needs only remember the game beforehand against Geelong where he absolutely ran his guts out (literally).

Men down (including the skipper) and against the odds, he took it upon himself to run and run... and run and run some more, all day long. Not to mention the aggressive tackling and leading from the front. He probably used up more petrol in that game than he's ever had to before, but it's a fitting example of Gibbs' renewed attitude under Bolts and co.

Other than that he's always been a fine servant and a durable one at that, so 200 games is well deserved indeed. Still got a lot of football left in him too methinks.

After seeing the feedback to Ryan Buckland's most recent Carlton article, I thought I'd just jump on Twitter quickly and see if there has been a similar response to the last article (there hasn't), but what i did notice is a comment that he made about Gibbs and his forthcoming 200th.
He said that as far as he can tell, Gibbs has so far played 199 out of a possible 215 games.
That's a bloody good strike rate, and I would imagine that last year's pec injury was probably his biggest lay off.

He said in his 200th game interview that he's been pretty lucky with injuries until last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Gibbsy but still feel he has wasted a lot of those games. Only been the last 3 years he has been the player we expected/wanted when we drafted him (give last year a miss as was injured a lot)

Hopefully the next 100 is at the consistent level he has played this year

Those of you who know me on this wonderful site, will know of my undying faith in Bryce. I've always battled those naysayers who are continuously rattling along with the now quite tiresome "Trade Gibbs" waffle.
He bleeds blue and always has. He has had offers to return to SA but has remained loyal to the mighty CFC.
Yes he has his bad games but lets be real here peeps, doesn't everyone??
I hope he hangs around, remains injury free and plays another 100 for us.
Congrats Bryce on a job well done.

Only the second out of that draft to make it to 200. I laugh at all the grief we got for taking him at #1 when you see the mess other clubs made of the first round. Well done Bryce.

OTOH, to think we missed out on Albert Proud that year.

I loved the 'Goodes' game early on his career. A kid playing on one of the games greats and Gibbs pantsed him.

Maybe has not developed into the absolute superstar some hoped / expected, but he has played consistent, high level football for a long time. He was awarded 15 brownlow votes in his third season, when he would have been 20yo.

Has stepped up a gear since 2014, possibly more a result of being 'released' more than anything.

Can look laconic on the field sometimes, but I think that's because he's a thinker rather than an impulse player. Contradiction notwithstanding, loving the more aggressive Gibbs in the last couple of years!
Excellent summation right there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back