Past Bryce Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

After seeing the feedback to Ryan Buckland's most recent Carlton article, I thought I'd just jump on Twitter quickly and see if there has been a similar response to the last article (there hasn't), but what i did notice is a comment that he made about Gibbs and his forthcoming 200th.
He said that as far as he can tell, Gibbs has so far played 199 out of a possible 215 games.
That's a bloody good strike rate, and I would imagine that last year's pec injury was probably his biggest lay off.

Yup, his durability sets him apart from other footballers. No doubt he has more ability to play hurt than others in the comp. That's what made his deal of five years at 500k an absolute bargain.

Bryce comes across as a genuine decent bloke. You lot should actually be ashamed of yourselves.

NAJE0d0.png

Never doubted his loyalty, been one of his big strengths for mine and always something I've kept in mind even when I've had moments of feeling frustrated with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think this guy has received the credit he deserves after the season he's having. He asked for a trade last year and it didn't eventuate. Has come back to the club and been a standout this year. 30 touches 2 goals and 15 tackles on the weekend. He gets unfair criticism by some supporters, however we cannot deny the professionalism he's shown. Whatever happens at seasons end he will always have my respect.

A quirky stat from Gibbs - The last two seasons he's ended up with the exact same possession numbers and average, 1%ers and scoring shots. 590 total possessions at an average of 26.82 through 22 matches, the same number of 1%ers with 21 and the same number of scoring shots with 30.

Anyone reckon he's found some consistency in his game?

Sad news to hear about Bryce and his partners loss. I'm sure all blues supporters send our condolences.

Had to google it. Heartbreaking for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back