4. Dominic Sheed (2014 - )

Dom Shred - NAB Challenge against Freo.

17 disposals and 0.1 kicked. Really came into the match after half time. One thing I noticed was that he prefers to handball rather than kick. 11 of his 17 touches were handballs, however they are close to elite in execution. Great hands and if can add to possession count and get some more in the first half he should cement a spot in the best 22 sooner rather than later. My hope is round one he starts on the bench or as the sub.

We have a quality kid right here.

NAB Challenge game 2 against Sydney.

Shred had 15 touches. Although he had a very quiet first half he played himself into the game and started to look more comfortable. Still needs to work on how much time he has and he did get caught a few times but the fact he has the eagerness to do those things means he will get better at it.

Definitely a pass mark over the NAB challenge for Dom and could find himself on the team sheet come round 1.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
New players always say adjusting to the pace of the game is the hardest thing.

Thinking back, all of our young mids (except probably Shuey) used to get caught with the ball all the time when they first started.

Overall, I've been impressed with Sheed. I think he's a safe bet to play a lot of AFL.

New players always say adjusting to the pace of the game is the hardest thing.

Thinking back, all of our young mids (except probably Shuey) used to get caught with the ball all the time when they first started.

Overall, I've been impressed with Sheed. I think he's a safe bet to play a lot of AFL.

Shuey still does it.

I really think Shred has a big future.

Turboman1994

Club Legend
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Exactly what we needed IMO. Going from pre draft reports he is a very professional kid who was determined to make it big. Has an underrated outside game which we haven't seen yet. All hail lord shred

Saw him tonight at bounce trampolining playing dodgeball. Asked him if sharrod hadn't taught him anything. Its ohk though he got through the session unscathed.

You almost gave me a heart attack.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393812536.987130.jpg

dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
As I've commented before, he has had the ideal 'lean bulk' over summer. He was always pretty dedicated with his diet etc pre-draft - his body fat % was pretty outstanding even for his age. He's stacked it on and probably has the potential to be a very big midfielder - if he wanted to be.

Looked enough like Simon Black on Thursday to make me understand the pre-draft comparisons. :thumbsu:

Hopefully he also ends his career with a Brownlow, Norm Smith and 3-peat premiership player :p

Back