4. Dominic Sheed (2014 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

After his debut yesterday Sheed goes into the books as the 216th player to appear for the Eagles. He is the fifth player to wear the #4 which stands him in good stead as three of the other four had extremely auspicious careers - Glendinning was the inaugural captain, Sumich is the all-time leading goalscorer and Kerr played 200+ games and was an All-Australian.

He also is one of the rare few in recent times to debut in round 1 of his rookie season without having to come through the WAFL, joining Kerr, Brown (as a late replacement), Gaff (ditto) and Darling.

Did it erk anyone else when LeCras basically pinched an easy possession off Sheed. I'm sure there was no need for it.

tu7ejamy.jpg

Young Shred didn't have the best debut. He came on in the last quarter in the middle of junk time so didn't get many touches. I thought he got into some good positions and was burnt a few times. He also didn't have any problems throwing himself into the contest. All the signs were there that he will be a very good player for us but needs game time and plenty of it. In my mind he isn't a sub but should start.

With games against Melbourne and St Kilda coming up (games we should win) I would like to see him start and work himself into the game.

Shred had a fairly decent game in the WAFL and will be up for selection against the Saints.

However if he is going to be the planned sub I hope he plays WAFL again.

Shreddy played a full game against Geelong which was a miserable night but I felt he held his own. Finished with 18 disposals and a couple of clearances. Would like to see him lay a few more tackles. Showing good signs and I think he did enough to stay in the 21 against Port.

Had a good quarter for the Eagles against the Blues. Came on as the sub in the last and hate 7 touches and a goal which was his first for the club, was a top goal as well which should have led to a victory.

Was the wrong draft choice !! Eagles didn't need another slow inside mid !! No doubt will be a good player, But not what Eagles needed !

Was the wrong draft choice !! Eagles didn't need another slow inside mid !! No doubt will be a good player, But not what Eagles needed !

No he wasn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but he used so many exclamation marks so he must be right....

Not enough IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should of drafted for speed instead ! Now we will draft Alec Waterman, who is a similar inside mid, with no speed and then people will complain we are too slow , I wonder why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should of drafted for speed instead ! Now we will draft Alec Waterman, who is a similar inside mid, with no speed and then people will complain we are too slow , I wonder why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back Alfy.

He's not fast is he ? Eagles could do with some speed in the middle and didn't draft for it , But it sounds like you guys no better so Well done ;)

He's not fast is he ? Eagles could do with some speed in the middle and didn't draft for it , But it sounds like you guys no better so Well done ;)

Thank you.

Yeah your Good buddy ! Wait to Nathan Freeman starts playing and turns into a A grade midfielder, plays very similar to Shuey, just what the Eagles needed and they gave him to the pies of all teams, it will hurt you will see !

Yeah your Good buddy ! Wait to Nathan Freeman starts playing and turns into a A grade midfielder, plays very similar to Shuey, just what the Eagles needed and they gave him to the pies of all teams, it will hurt you will see !

How'd we give him to the Pies? We traded them pick 6. They picked Freeman with pick 10. We picked Sheed with pick 11.

Because we should off made sure we had pick 10 to get Freeman we were in the box seat to get him over Collingwood, exactly the player we needed ! Quickest 20 m sprint top 10 in the beep test, can play inside and outside, I couldn't believe Eagles looked past him, Time will tell but im still dissapointed we didn't trade for what we needed

Because we should off made sure we had pick 10 to get Freeman we were in the box seat to get him over Collingwood, exactly the player we needed ! Quickest 20 m sprint top 10 in the beep test, can play inside and outside, I couldn't believe Eagles looked past him, Time will tell but im still dissapointed we didn't trade for what we needed

We did trade for what we needed. We got a very talented kid.

Time will tell indeed. Pretty clear the club rated Sheed highly so even if they'd got pick 10 they'd likely have gone for him and left Freeman on the board.

Don't recall much of Freeman from draft watching last year, and he's yet to debut for Collingwood so can't comment on what he's like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back