4. Dominic Sheed (2014 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

He's Good I went too nearly every game in the Champions last year, he's exactly the player we needed some experts said the same thing he went top 10 3k time trial top 10 beep test 2nd in the 20 metre sprint first in the repeat sprints was likend to luke shuey ! he got injured at the start of the season so haven't seem him yet, but the pies no how to pick quality midfielders and he is one I think we will regret not picking , And yes sheed is a talented kid no doubt about that but think at this stage Freeman was the player we needed

Because we should off made sure we had pick 10 to get Freeman we were in the box seat to get him over Collingwood, exactly the player we needed ! Quickest 20 m sprint top 10 in the beep test, can play inside and outside, I couldn't believe Eagles looked past him, Time will tell but im still dissapointed we didn't trade for what we needed
You said it sista, time WILL tell us if we made the right choice. I doubt anyone will have you (of all people) lead them to believe otherwise.

Sheed is the perfect long term replacement for Priddis. He might not be lighting fast but Sheed does have some toe on him and with his excellent footy smarts and good disposal he was a great pickup. Pace is not everything and from what i saw from Freeman he looked to be super fast but his disposal was questionable. Waterman will add some extra grunt to the midfield. With Yeo and Shep adding pace to the midfield i think we will fine and it is better to compliment to the midfield with pace than go for players purely on speed.

Sheed is the perfect long term replacement for Priddis. He might not be lighting fast but Sheed does have some toe on him and with his excellent footy smarts and good disposal he was a great pickup. Pace is not everything and from what i saw from Freeman he looked to be super fast but his disposal was questionable. Waterman will add some extra grunt to the midfield. With Yeo and Shep adding pace to the midfield i think we will fine and it is better to compliment to the midfield with pace than go for players purely on speed.
Disagree Hutchings or waterman can take over for priddis, As of next year we will have , Priddis, Sheed, Hutchings, waterman, selwood, all inside mids will give selwood a bit of leeway but you get the picture we only have one line breaking mid in shuey good midfields have two or three, look I dont think its a terrible decision I just dont think we drafted for what we needed more as a loyalty thing, no point looking back tho I suppose !

Yep agree, footy smarts and elite disposal over pace any day. Look at Mitchell at Hawthorn and Pendlebury at Collingwood. Dom's rated as a good decision maker and someone with very good footy smarts, can play forward too and think he's quite different to Priddis and Selwood. Waterman seems to be similar to Priddis and Selwood but with better skills. Yeo and Shuey can add the pace into that midfield group as well as Shep possibly on a wing.

Dom played football on the weekend and had 8 touches and should have kicked two goals.

Did a beautiful side step that made ladies everywhere moist.

Was called up as a late in for LeCras. Solid without being spectacular, had 16 possessions as the sub in three quarters.

He is sexy.

Dom Shred played again on the weekend, early form was Brownlow worthy but then the whole team was molested by the umpires and failed to get over the line.

After the game Dom said "The umps hurt my special spot, I didn't want this to happen, the coach says it's not my fault but I feel guilty".

He'll live is the early diagnosis.

Season over and young Shred should win the Rising Star award, the Brownlow, get AA, Norm Smith and the Eagles Best and Fairest along with the B&F's from Hawks, Pies, Suns, Lions, Silly Nannies, Real Madrid and the Avengers.

From a bright eyed eager child to a full grown man with muscles in one year, Dom matured throughout the season and showed signs that bode well for Muzza him.

No doubt the lad needs a solid preseason to become a better player but soon the day will come that Shred dominates the footyball.

Because we should off made sure we had pick 10 to get Freeman we were in the box seat to get him over Collingwood, exactly the player we needed ! Quickest 20 m sprint top 10 in the beep test, can play inside and outside, I couldn't believe Eagles looked past him, Time will tell but im still dissapointed we didn't trade for what we needed

He's not a great kick. Has all the athletic attributes ala Shuey but isn't gifted off his right let alone dual sided.

Sheed has shown glimpses of his raw talent, I'm confident we made the right choice. I think he will be a gun for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw him at a Vic park cafe the other day. I a 6'4" and he didn't look that much shorter than me, although the does look a bit hunched over.

Also saw NN, Shuey, and butler in the lift at Perth arena last Friday night at the Kanye west concert (shudder)

So you would say he was around what? 185/187/189 then?
Gotten all differing reports from drafts and even WCE official page, some say 185, some say 187, some say 189 and some even say 183.

So you would say he was around what? 185/187/189 then?
Gotten all differing reports from drafts and even WCE official page, some say 185, some say 187, some say 189 and some even say 183.
He was 185cm when drafted. But he may have grown a little since. I wouldn't be surprised if he is 187 now.

I'm neglecting Shred a bit this season but it's me not him.

I like this kid and it pisses me off when people start comparing him to Duggle. They are two completely different midfielders. Shred is traveling along very nicely. He is showing signs that he will be a very good midfielder for us.

He still has plenty to work on but he is also just a kid averaging 20 possies a game at AFL level this season. No harm in that.

Lay off or I'll belt you at gate three.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back