4. Dominic Sheed (2014 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

Following a tussle here on BF between 2013 draft picks #3 Billings & #4 Bont, lead me to have a look at what else happened that year.. and interestingly enough I was reminded that Collingwood traded us their # 11, #31 & #49 for #6 & #44.
So I had a look at what they did with their prize #6 aquisition.. Matt Scharenberg.. not bad, so what did we get for our #11...
... hmm oh look, Dommy Sheed! luv ya mate!! :blush::trophy:
We also got Yeo from Brissy for #28, got Tom Barrass with pick #43 from Gold Coast for a 3rd round compensation pick the following year, and elevated McLovin' from the rookie list!! killing it!!

#4 Dom Sheed (2).jpg

Is Dom, is GOOD!
I am the 2021 sponsor for the DOMINATOR.
Been a while since I've had a good crack at talking up a player (refer Sheppard some years back), but I'm here and about to pump you with full content.

Pre-season Articles:

Dom Sheed – the epitome of doing the job required was the story of Sheed’s day. 29 touches, six score involvements, six inside 50s, four clearances, three tackles, went out and like he has for most of his career, got it done.

Midfielder Dom Sheed has taken out West Coast’s second 2km time trial of the summer, overpowering Tom Cole on the back straight in a sprint to the finish.
Training regulations meant players were made to run in three separate groups.
But Sheed and Cole turned heads in the final run of the day, battling it out as the temperature soared above 30 degrees.

Round 1: DOM dominates GCS

Dom had a big game against the Gold Coast. Without inside bulls Yeo or Shuey, the focus was on Dom to deliver the goods, and he did. Linking well with Nic Nat, Reddog and Tim Trim, Dom had silver platter service from the big Fijian to record 9 clearances, two of them centre clearances. He also was involved in 7 score assists, sent the ball inside 50 4 times and sent the ball across the oval with 644m gained. It was a strong game from Dom, who utilised his outside-inside game and presented well to provide an option. Improved endurance seems to have been the focus for Dom over the pre-season, and he ran out the game quite comfortably with a strong 86% TOG.

The eyes have been on Dom for a long time to see if he can get to A Grader status. Perhaps this year is the one he proves it with the opportunities ahead with Yeo battling OP, and Shuey's hamstrings.

Stats:
23 Kicks
11 Handballs
12 Marks
3 Tackles
9 Clearances
0.1 Score

Round 2: Heartbreak for Eagles

A big game for Dom again, where he racked up plenty of the ball. Unfortunately he was part of the midfield brigade that was well beaten on the day. It's clear that there's a different level Dom needs to go to achieve A-grader status. Statistically he played very well, but it was clear his contested work wasn't the same as the superstar/A-grade Doggies midfielders like Macrae & Bont. On the plus side, the big turnaround in the 3rd after the Doggies had been on top was a huge positive.

Stats:
16 Kicks
10 Handballs
4 Marks
3 Tackles
11 Clearances
0.1 Score

Round 3: Second String Status

With the Shuperman returning, and Gaff spending more time in the center square, stoppages and clearance disposals were harder to find for Dom. We did see him play more of the Gaff role of being on the edge of the contest for the easy outside receive if we went backwards from the contest. A lot of lost 50/50 contests, but perhaps I'm being overly harsh due to the high expectations I have on Dom, but he was unlucky on at least 2-3 occasions to be in the right place but the kick/handball never reaching him due to poor disposal. Showed plenty of class and good hands in tight, and the silver service from NN was a highlight to help him rack up the stats.

Stats:
13 Kicks
11 Handballs
5 Marks
4 Tackles
7 Clearances
1.1 Score

Remove this Banner Ad

Back