Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, it's either one or the other. Suspend them all...or fine them all.

I think we've seen that fining doesn't put a stop to anything. $1500 to players earning $500k+ is peanuts.

Have to suspend if we want it to stop. Can't imagine other players and coaches being thrilled if players miss games. Fines? They couldn't care less.

Hate or someone, can they please do a gif of the actual incident? I feel the Dangerfield flop at the slight contact may come in handy somewhere down the line........

Whats wrong with that? I'd rather watch Richmond vs anyone ahead of a World Cup final.

Watching the var bs the other night,soccer is a corrupt game especially when a result can hinge on rubbish decisions made by mr magoos in the var box.

I think we've seen that fining doesn't put a stop to anything. $1500 to players earning $500k+ is peanuts.

Have to suspend if we want it to stop. Can't imagine other players and coaches being thrilled if players miss games. Fines? They couldn't care less.
I personally think that too much has been made of all the incidents. But that's just me. If a player gets forceful with an umpire, as in pushing or grabbing forcefully, etc, then throw the book at them. But this type of incidental contact...just play on. If the umpire doesn't get upset with it at the time, and they haven't so far, then there's nothing in it.

I personally think that too much has been made of all the incidents. But that's just me. If a player gets forceful with an umpire, as in pushing or grabbing forcefully, etc, then throw the book at them. But this type of incidental contact...just play on. If the umpire doesn't get upset with it at the time, and they haven't so far, then there's nothing in it.

I'm of the opinion that there is so much grey area that you need to stamp it out altogether. There is just no need to touch an umpire. None. The other thing is that we should be conscious of the message it sends to lower leagues and juniors where players then think its ok to touch umpires in certain situations. Nope stamp it out.

I'm of the opinion that there is so much grey area that you need to stamp it out altogether. There is just no need to touch an umpire. None. The other thing is that we should be conscious of the message it sends to lower leagues and juniors where players then think its ok to touch umpires in certain situations. Nope stamp it out.
Have players been touching the umpires before this year? Or has nobody really bothered about it until now. If they have I haven't noticed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My take is he didn’t actually make contact , the umpire arched his back to avoid it . Watch very closely and there’s no deflection on the umpires shirt.
Yeah, at that exact moment the umpire was demonstrating the limbo.

Come on Bo.

Have players been touching the umpires before this year? Or has nobody really bothered about it until now. If they have I haven't noticed.

Yea I've seen it plenty of times before this year, the only reason it's became an issue is becuase of the hawkins incident where the ump didn't like the contact. So now it's over scrutinised, WC Rioli got fined for tapping the ump on the bum, seriously.

Yea I've seen it plenty of times before this year, the only reason it's became an issue is becuase of the hawkins incident where the ump didn't like the contact. So now it's over scrutinised, WC Rioli got fined for tapping the ump on the bum, seriously.
That's what I mean.

People ringing up radio saying it’s only because he’s a Brownlow favorite. He wouldn’t be running in the top 15!

People ringing up radio saying it’s only because he’s a Brownlow favorite. He wouldn’t be running in the top 15!

How many of then were Hawks fans with short memories re: Tom Mitchell's Elbow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back